Need help in choosing electives in the International Studies program. (1 Viewer)

Jack Holt

HSC
Okay, so I sent an e-mail to Nikki Beaumont, the one who's in charge of taking questions regarding the program, and he/she said that I can only pick a course as my elective that belongs to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. Bummer, I wanted Introduction to Astronomy.

Anyway, so I've been browsing around the UNSW Handbook site, and found out that the majority of Arts courses are filled with prerequisites. Can anyone help me find a good list of Arts electives that has no prerequisites whatsoever, ergo, ones that I can easily pick as my elective?

Thank you in advance.

HSC
this page provides a table of courses you can enrol into for your arts elective. and be sure that the courses you're looking into are level 1/stage 1 - they should not have any prerequisites, whereas level 2/stage 2 and beyond definitely do.

also, with the 12 required credit points of general education, i believe you can easily take on astronomy class in the 2nd year :)

hope this helps?

Jack Holt

HSC
yeah, thanks a lot mate! I've already set my heart on this one course
"ARTS1361 Knowledge and Reality: Introduction to Philosophy"

however, I do have one more question though, what do they mean by
"Excluded : PHIL1007" in this page mate?

thanks again, you've been a great help.

HSC
yeah, thanks a lot mate! I've already set my heart on this one course
"ARTS1361 Knowledge and Reality: Introduction to Philosophy"

however, I do have one more question though, what do they mean by
"Excluded : PHIL1007" in this page mate?

thanks again, you've been a great help.

according to the unsw website, it pretty much means that the particular course/unit will not contribute to your degree as stated here:
Excluded courses are ones that cannot be counted towards the degree qualification.
and you're welcome, glad it was of help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)