need help for my nxt yr BOW on digital animation (1 Viewer)

ahmi

HSC
is it risky to do digital animation?
apparently I am the only one at my school doing digital animation...and none of the teachers seem to know much about it.....they dun even know wt's mpeg format...so well~......but I thk it'smore depends on my ability than then teachers...

also flash V.S 3Ds Max...
I'm better at flash animation...
but the video produced by 3Ds Max is usually more effective...and so will it get a higher mark more easily?
so is it actually better to do 3Ds Max or a mixture of both?...

please give me some advice ....thanks guys...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
3dsmax is 3d animation... unless you have swift3d or something that can import 3d into flash, your flash animations will be 2d.

3dsmax is alot harder, but it shouldn't be that difficult to model up a few scenes & it won't look so cartoon like... you can put in lights, have better movement etc... i'd definately go for 3dsmax as long as u can handle it.

Jase

HSC
Use swift is you can get it, if you're better at flash.
or if you don't have swift, then you can either go completely 2d, or manually draw 3d objects in flash, which is ... pretty hard.

I've never used 3dsmax (mainly because i couldn't get the crack to work lol).

But you can't say, that because 3dsmax is more effective, you'll get better marks.
Make an extremely stylish flash movie.. so you'd better start RIGHT NOOWWW!! because movies take ages. and you probably won't have to take into account the filesize too much, since it's not net-friendly. That means heaps of layers, and heaps of keyframes. movement tweening is really crap for 'good animation', although it depends on exactly what kinda animation you're doing.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'd suggest that if u had the skills to do 3d studio max animation that you already would of decided that's what you're doing.
There's no way you can learn 3d studio and produce a good quality animation from it, so if flash is ur thing just go with flash.

ahmi

HSC
thx guys for all ur advice.....
I've got 3d Swift too....
so perhaps I'll just experiment a little with the combination of 3d swift and 3d max first during the holiday...if it dsnt work I'll just go back to flash....

not that bright....I really like ur BOW....congratulation for gettin in art-express selection pool....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)