need help for inner journey (1 Viewer)

litsaki

HSC
hi im doing inner journey at school and im finding it hard to find good texts... i also need some help for text 1 which is The Road Not taken... if you have any ideas on language techniques i would b most grateful... thank you

-pari-

HSC
N/A
there are countless texts out there, almost anything can be used.

its hard to point you to a text because the catch is that YOU have to find it relevant. whether its a bus ticket or an encylcopedia.

but some texts
- a beautiful mind (film)
- a fine balance (novel)
- power of one (film/novel)
- the great gatsby

etc etc

i personally dont favour song lyrics, but some ppl use that too.

litsaki

HSC
thank you so much for your advice... il give the texts you suggested a try and il come back to you... thanks alot.. also one more question.. have you done the text The road not taken, i have a few techniques do you think their good

metaphor
rhyming structure
simple language to emphasize a complex idea
repetition
imagery

can you think of any others that i have not mentioned

-pari-

HSC
N/A
-look at its use of punctuation: commas, exclamation marks etc, especially the dash in the last stanza.
-extended metaphor
-its a reflection
-past tense -> change to present tense in the last stanza
-first person
-dont forget the title "the road not taken" <- think why it would emphasise the road NOT taken, in contrast to having titled it "the road taken"

litsaki

HSC
aw wow well il add to the one dat i dont have

thank you alot... take care mwa xoxox

lorev1

HSC
i have found lyrics by christina aguilera for fighter, and as a movie rabbit proof fence

emca

HSC
Hi
My thoughts are that it is good and well to look for techniques but have you got a good grasp of why the road not taken is a text worthy of analysing for INNER journeys. It is a poem which has the denotation (that is the techniques of its literaly interpretation) of being a physical journey, not so good for a kid studying inner journeys. BUT it's connotation that is its non literal metaphoric meaning is about how the composer chose to live his life "and that that has made all the difference" or something like that excuse me if the quote is not quiet right I have not read the poem for a while.

kubla khan is a poem by coleridge, don't worry if you don't understand it. No one does, seriously no one. He wrote it after waking from a drug induced sleep. once you've read it find some analysis on the net. some will say it is about the failure of man as he tries to tame nature, some say it is about the undescribed bond formed between man and woman if they have sex. It might be about the risks of trying to attain that high from the first great drug experience that no matter you will never get because it is never as good as the first time because of the anticpation. None the less the fact that it is so open to interpretation suggests that it is good stuff for an analysis of inner journeys.

wow almost wrote a damn essay
hope it helps

emca

HSC
Re: need help for inner journeya

emcaaaa said:
Hi
My thoughts are that it is good and well to look for techniques but have you got a good grasp of why the road not taken is a text worthy of analysing for INNER journeys. It is a poem which has the denotation (that is the techniques of its literaly interpretation) of being a physical journey, not so good for a kid studying inner journeys. BUT it's connotation that is its non literal metaphoric meaning is about how the composer chose to live his life "and that that has made all the difference" or something like that excuse me if the quote is not quiet right I have not read the poem for a while.

kubla khan is a poem by coleridge, don't worry if you don't understand it. No one does, seriously no one. He wrote it after waking from a drug induced sleep. once you've read it find some analysis on the net. some will say it is about the failure of man as he tries to tame nature, some say it is about the undescribed bond formed between man and woman if they have sex. It might be about the risks of trying to attain that high from the first great drug experience that no matter you will never get because it is never as good as the first time because of the anticpation. None the less the fact that it is so open to interpretation suggests that it is good stuff for an analysis of inner journeys.

wow almost wrote a damn essay
hope it helps
a

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)