need help deciding on a new phone (1 Viewer)

_kuroo

Sped
Strathfield, Sydney, Australia, Australia
HSC
ok so my contract is nearly finished and i want a new phone.

i dont want a new htc cause they have horrible battery life and they heat up so easily. i currently have the incredible s atm. its laggy as shit. i dont even have anything on it. and occasionally it doesnt recharge. sometimes it likes to restart itself as well and then my sd card photos become corrupt.

i was thinking about the xperia z or xperia zl or samsung s3.

xperia z because of the waterproof feature. except its really big but something tells me i might get over it.

xpera zl because its abit more compact. but i feel like the z has tiny bit more superior features.

samsung s3 cause it seems to be an all rounder. pretty powerful, not too big or small, doesnt heat up, decent battery life.

what would you get? or any other recommendations?

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
HTC One.

Battery life should actually be decent this time, and it's got DAT build quality + 4MP Camera + Super LCD screen

S3 is pretty cheap from Kogan, if you're buying unlocked ($400 + shipping). Nexus 4 is also good, but iffy battery life and no expandable memory.

Xperia Z and ZL are pretty solid, but don't know too much about them yet. Plus, there have been reports of them shutting down randomly and never turning on again.

I'm using a Note 2 at the moment, so size doesn't matter to me (I use it one handed a lot), but I don't know how big your hands are. It wasn't too difficult to adjust to it, after coming from a Galaxy Nexus.

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
Galaxy w/o doubt.
I would've actually suggested iPhone since I own it, but their share prices been dropping significantly and I personally think they might go bankrupt very soon :L
Anyways, Galaxy always looked good to me. Big screen'd but light and it's well and truly Stylish!
Go for it, you won't regret it.

ebbygoo

HSC
Apple will be around for a while LOL.
You seriously can't imagine the amount of capital they have sitting in their bank if you think they'll be going broke.

_kuroo

Sped
Strathfield, Sydney, Australia, Australia
HSC
HTC One.

Battery life should actually be decent this time, and it's got DAT build quality + 4MP Camera + Super LCD screen

S3 is pretty cheap from Kogan, if you're buying unlocked ($400 + shipping). Nexus 4 is also good, but iffy battery life and no expandable memory.

Xperia Z and ZL are pretty solid, but don't know too much about them yet. Plus, there have been reports of them shutting down randomly and never turning on again.
oh just researched abit on the htc one. battery life seems to be decent. but im still scared about it heating up fast?

im pretty sure they'll get that bug fixed. theres always bugs on the initial release of any device.

ill consider the s3 but only as my last resort if my options come down to budget. atm budget isnt really an issue.

thanks for the tips =D

ebbygoo

HSC
The S4 specs are certainly very nice.
Also, IMO, the thing about phones heating up is just overdramatic.

Verify

HSC
Seriously - I recommend you wait for the S4 to come out. It looks amazing

Kostie100

HSC
Galaxy w/o doubt.
I would've actually suggested iPhone since I own it, but their share prices been dropping significantly and I personally think they might go bankrupt very soon :L
Lol... they have 130 BILLION $ in cash, enough to nearly buy google or microsoft.

Anyways I would recommend waiting to see the next iPhone or S4. If you can't wait I would say go with the i5.

jenlove

HSC
I'm thinking to get the upcoming Samsung Galaxy s4 tho I'm considering the iPhone 5 as well.

B

Bella32

Xperia Z is a nice phone. It is expensive but an awesome phone. I must suggest you to take an experience of it. i am also using a Sony xperia sola and its really an amazing phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)