Need help answering a few questions - mainly on pracs... (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hi all

Well, this is the first thread I've ever made, so, here it goes.

I've just got a few questions to ask that I haven't been able to find answers to anywhere (ie. our teachers didn't tell us anything about them and I couldn't find them in textbooks)

Most of them involve practical tasks or demonstrations that we didn't do. Can someone please tell me how the following pracs are done?

1) "Perform a first-hand investigation, gather information and analyse data to calculate initial and final velocity, maxiumum height reached, range and time of flight of a projectile for a range of situations by using simulations, data loggers and computer analysis"?

2) "Plan, choose equipment or resources for, and perform a first-hand investation to demonstrate the production of an alternating current"

3) "Perform an investigation to model the structure of a trasnformer to demonstrate how secondary voltage is produced"

4) "Perform an investigation to demonstrate the principle of an AC induction motor"

5) "Perform an investigation to demonstrate the production and reception of radio waves"

6) "Perform an investigation to model the behaviour of semiconductors, including the creation of a hole or positive charge on the atom that has lost the electron and hte movement of electrons and holes in opposite directions when an electric field is aplpied across the semiconductor"

7) "Perform a first-hand investigation to observe the visible components of the hydrogen spectrum"

If anyone has any information on the methods, results or conclusions to any of those pracs could they please post them here. Thanks.

Also, on a completely different note, has the syllabus changed since 2002?
I was looking through the past papers and saw (from memory) question 17 on 2002 and I was like "huh?". It asked something about the problems with satellite transmission, and I don't actually remember learning that anwhere. In the standards packages the answers had something to do with van allen belts and radiation and I don't remember that being in our course anywhere either. Is this stuff that we have to know?

Any information would be very welcome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)