• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need help/advice!! =/ (1 Viewer)

st.jimmy

HSC
I'm doing physical journeys and I was thinking of picking a song to use, but then i remebered the American Idiot album byt Green Day and how it is a sort of punk rock opera, and i was thinking of doing the whole thing for a related text. Like I wasn't going to analyse each song individually because that would go one forever, but maybe have them sorta merged and stuff..
I don 't really know. just an Idea and i'm panicing to find a related text and I really like Green Day ._.
so yeah, any advice would be helpful =]
thankyou.

st.jimmy

HSC
yeah, i'm doing Motorcycle Diaries already but i'm supposed to have atleast 3 different related texts. Actually I think i've decided teh album thing was abit stupid.. i only need something short and simple, going into too much detail would probably just screw me over in the end x.x
i need an image, poem/song/article and i've already chosen my film

advanced sam

HSC
N/A
you can pick a scene from a movie u know, doesnt have to be the whole film.
say something like the physical journey found in scene three is the very essence of a physical journey... or something like that

hmmm. im trying to think wat physical journey stuff i did.

is a scene different to a movie as a whole

st.jimmy

HSC
ah yeah, =]
i was going to do that luenig cartoon but everyone's doing that.
are you allowed to create your own image?

st.jimmy

HSC
i'm guessing probably not, but i was thinking of taking a photo of somehting and doing it up on photoshop to convey the notion of a journey...or something.
ah nevermind :S
thanks for replying =]

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
What? The Motorcycle Diaries? Its poster was one of the texts in my half-yearly exam. Lolz. Anyway, you should choose different text types without repeating like 2 movies or so on.

A song: She've leaving home by the Beatles. My class use it (not me) so I think it can help.

st.jimmy

HSC
thanks =]
i'd like to get it in by Tuesday coz my exams start the following week.

Oh thanks! i love the Beatles. would you by any chance have notes on it?

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Er.... I don't think I want to rummage through that heap of paper so I'll wring anything from the top of my head.

I really like to say about the self-actualization aspect of this song as the girl decides to escape from her home and her family. There should be some credits refering to the 1960s-1070s periods in which liberty is a strong tendency associating with hippies and such. This is a decision to emancipate one's self from the hell of no fun and love. In here, you can use quote to demonstrate/ justify your arguments for a cliched assumption: money can buy everything. It's the parents that say they've been devoting all their lives to raise her, giving her 'everything money could buy', keeping in mind "we are sacrificing ourselves for our daughter". However, there's quite an irony here when they question why she treats them so badly. Well, basically they are bringing her up for them to own her, not for her to have freedom.

Physical journey includes: catalyst: passion for freedom and being confined. process: sneaking out of home early in the morning and emotionally struggling (her handkerchief, a metaphor for her conscience battle between staying or leaving and a smouldering love for her parents). destiny: a man at the motor station (is that the motor station) - a promising start for a journey of freedom.

I think that's the general idea.

Last edited:

st.jimmy

HSC
oh excellent! thankyou =]
I can tie that in with teh play AWay that I have to do =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)