Need General Advice... (1 Viewer)

F

filofr3ak

I have a Passion for my sport... Especially soccer... My friends say I'm talented and recommend that i try out for state team and my school coach recommends i try out for First Grade Soccer (over 18s)...

If i made it either of them... should i commit to it? or will it end up affecting my studies?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I have a Passion for my sport... Especially soccer... My friends say I'm talented and recommend that i try out for state team and my school coach recommends i try out for First Grade Soccer (over 18s)...

If i made it either of them... should i commit to it? or will it end up affecting my studies?
If you make it to state I think there's something about bonus UAI, so you get 5 UAI points if you play for state because of the time it takes up, not sure if it's from UAC or the Unis tho...

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
that depends on ho much you study and what subjects you do? and what UAI you want.

LordPc

HSC
If you make it to state I think there's something about bonus UAI, so you get 5 UAI points if you play for state because of the time it takes up, not sure if it's from UAC or the Unis tho...
yea something like this. if you end up playing sport at a reasonably competitive level, the BOS understands that this may affect your studies and gives you extra marks to compensate. like, if you played for australia under 18s. but you will have to check at what level the benefits cut out just to be sure

but if I had the talent I would go for it regardless. Like seriously, if you diverted how much time you spent doing useless crap like watching tv or playing games to playing soccer, you would be fine. you really do spend a lot of time doing nothing during the hsc. so if you play soccer, you have less time to do those little useless things. so u should be fine either way :)

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
its ur decision---commit to it or not....you can still choose to do both but its gonna be hard coz it certainly tires you out.
gl

Jusskah

HSC
I play first grade (but women's, lol) and really, it doesn't take up too much time- depending on who you're playing for and where you live (travelling time, basically). My weekends are sometimes stolen by Bathurst and Nowra -____-... Tuesdays and Fridays I can't really do much study (get home at 5 from school, leave for training at 7ish, get back 9.30ish, sleep lol) but I just make sure if I have something due the next day, I do it in advance.

Two of the girls in my team are doing the HSC this year, and I know for a fact that they're both extremely dedicated to school (One attends a highly ranked selective highschool, other has been dux of her year all throughout highschool) and they still manage to perform well on the field.

Basically, you should be fine : ) I've never played state outdoor, but I played for NSW in Futsal and its only a few hours of another day of your week gone. I found for that though, there was less emphasis on fitness and stuff and more tactical plays or defense formations etc. So you don't have to worry about getting burned out or anything.

On a related note, aren't you a bit late lol? Or are you talking about a 2010 season?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)