Need Biology Patterns In Nature Help (1 Viewer)

Zantico

HSC
1.Compare the roles of respiratory, circulatory, excretory systems
2.Identify and compare the gaseous echange surface in a fish, a frog and a mammal
3.And What is the funtion of the lenticil
Only three questions i have no idea about and my biology book is so confusing as everything is all messed up =(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Zantico said:
1.Compare the roles of respiratory, circulatory, excretory systems
2.Identify and compare the gaseous echange surface in a fish, a frog and a mammal
3.And What is the funtion of the lenticil
Only three questions i have no idea about and my biology book is so confusing as everything is all messed up =(
No one made a single serious post here. If you have some random things to say, take it to private message section. Thank you.

1. To put it simly, the role of respiratory system is to get the necessary air into our body system (i.e. oxygen) and get rid of harmful gas (i.e. co2) out of the body system. It is made up of organ such as lungs.

Circulatory system's role is to transport the necssary nutrients around the body and also to move the wastes from the body such as co2 and other nitrogenous wastes from the body. It transports nutrients such as glucose, oxygen. Organs such as heart, veins are involved.

The role of excretory system is to get rid of nitrogenous wastes from the body.

Frog = moist skin & lung to diffuse air out and in. Oxygen is readily absorbed and carbon dioxide is diffused out. Frog also uses lungs which is no more than a hollow structure. It is highly inefficient organ but this is offset by having a moist skin.

Fish = uses a counter-current system to effectively diffuse gas in and out. Takes place at gills.

Insects = gas goes into the holes called tracheae (not sure about spelling, whether I am right or not here...)

Lenticels are like stomates on the woody plants. They are involved in gas exchange

If you WANT MORE INFO I WILL WRITE MY WHOLE NOTES here...

I basically wrote them off my head.

Zantico

HSC
what would i have to write for a mammal about lungs and bronchiolli or however you spell it? not quite sure

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Zantico said:
what would i have to write for a mammal about lungs and bronchiolli or however you spell it? not quite sure
Well, if you want to talk about bronchiole, that's part of the lung organ. It's just a finger-like projection that increases the surface area of the lungs to absorb as much oxygen as possible. Bronchiole has even smaller [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']tiny air sacs called alveoli which increases the surface area further. [/FONT]

Zantico

HSC
thnx alot for the help. im pumped for tomoz's prelim now =D might do a little more research for each individual gaseous exchange now i get the gist of it

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
To add to that
The respiratory system maintains a stable pH in the blood, which is its main role when excreting CO2. Secondly, the trigger of respiration is not a need for oxygen, but is triggered by a build up of CO2.

Hence why when you hyperventilate, you can hold your breath for extended periods.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)