Need advice :) (1 Viewer)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Hi guys, I'm just wondering if missing my first tute lessons would be such a big deal? Because, I'm moving to a place closer to Uni and will probably miss the whole of second week, with packing, moving etc.

Missing first tute lessons = fuck me over? :(

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
what971 said:
Hi guys, I'm just wondering if missing my first tute lessons would be such a big deal? Because, I'm moving to a place closer to Uni and will probably miss the whole of second week, with packing, moving etc.

Missing first tute lessons = fuck me over? :(
Depends, what's your degree and what subjects are you doing? I find that most science subjects you can miss all the tutes except the ones with quizzes in them and not have it affect your marks at all, but if they're subjects where tutorial participation/attendance counts towards your final mark then it might be a good idea to turn up.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
im missing the first two weeks because im still in japan on a working holiday, im hoping its ok, ive tried to email all my lecturers and ive got friends in my classes. we`ll see how we go ay

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
^ oh ok. Do you mind posting what the lecturers say when/if they email you back? Meanwhile, I'm going to try to ask them in person on Friday, although I'm not sure whether they'll be there as there are no lectures for me on that day.

Generator

HSC
N/A
what971 said:
^ oh ok. Do you mind posting what the lecturers say when/if they email you back? Meanwhile, I'm going to try to ask them in person on Friday, although I'm not sure whether they'll be there as there are no lectures for me on that day.
Unless you happen to be taking the same classes as frodo, you aren't going to get anything from the responses.

If you'd like a proper answer, I suggest that you email the lecturers (or course coordinators) in question.

Last edited:

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
^ Yeah, if I don't see them on Friday, I'll probably email them. Do you think they'll email me back?? lol....

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Yes they will - thats why they give you their e-mail address.

Best to explain to them if you are going to miss the tute - I personally, would advise strongly against missing tutes especially the first ones for two reasons:

1) It gives a bad impression
2) Its the tute where you get to know people and learn the important stuff about the course.

But if you can't help it, you can't help it, so e-mail them and let them know.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
brogan77 said:
Haha - love it!

Yes, this is true, at least if you miss the first tute, you won't be that far behind. Missing the tute before a paper is due or an exam is always the worst - thats when the tutors give all the juicy bits of information.

p-unit

HSC
no should not be a problem
you get to miss 10% of your tutes
with no concsequence

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Problem solved actually. I've decided to skip week 2 lectures instead of the tutes :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)