Nearly 20% of university students don't last full year (1 Viewer)

HSC
Yep, it includes those categories.
I can read, fucker. I was stating that the 'dropout' results could include someone upgrading their degree within the same university, or changing vocational direction - such as moving from IT to Psychology or something.

bio_nut

HSC
I can read, fucker. I was stating that the 'dropout' results could include someone upgrading their degree within the same university, or changing vocational direction - such as moving from IT to Psychology or something.
Yeah, it said that clearly. So why bother make an obvious statement then berate me for doing the same?

Sprangler

HSC
I don't actually think the statistics reflect the amount of people who couldn't handle it at university. What about the people who change degrees?

thommy

HSC
N/A
It is surprising, and I do think that the majority would be people with UAI's in the sixties. I doubt there would be many who dropped out who got 80 or above.

banco55

HSC
It is surprising, and I do think that the majority would be people with UAI's in the sixties. I doubt there would be many who dropped out who got 80 or above.
You only have to have a pulse to get a UAI below 70.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
You only have to have a pulse to get a UAI below 70.
ROFL

any fuckwit who says UAI isn't at least some sort of an indication as to how kids fare in uni - shut up idiots, you've no clue.

obviously outliers with 70 uai's can prosper, but general trend speaks for itself.

aussie-boy

HSC
Its good if people are dropping out... it means a university education is not devalued.

The alternative would be making the course easy, so everyone gets the degree. But aside from some nice political stats, what would be the point of that??

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
stop being so deluded lol are you seriously going to argue that anyone from 95-100 uai are more likely going to drop out than some one who got 60-90?
I don't think they are more likely but i think the major thing that determines whether people are going to drop out of uni or stay on to the end is whether they are interested in the course. I know the people I know who have dropped out are the ones that are not interested in studying what they are studying anymore, many of them got UAIs in the 90's. Yet i have seen people such as myself who did get low UAI's for various reasons yet are getting HD's in some subjects.

banco55

HSC
Its good if people are dropping out... it means a university education is not devalued.

The alternative would be making the course easy, so everyone gets the degree. But aside from some nice political stats, what would be the point of that??
It's a lot of wasted money having someone do a year and drop out. We'd be better off if we could work out which groups had the highest propensity to drop out and then made it harder for them to get in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)