brown?
HSC
velox said:
yeh but knowing that random style of asking questions can help a great deal
You make a valid point.
I'll scan one up tomorrow. :)

lum

HSC
got my paper back, got 9/15 for multiple choice (why do i suck at multiple choice???), 56/60 for written response and 18/25 for topic, so 83%, but i should be able to get more marks in the topic, so i'm esimating a final mark of 85%.
highest was 90%, 2nd was 87%

mmm

i got the neap 2dai let me asure everyone it is a killer lol i would fail if i got an exam like dat eff...and no im not gonna post it due 2 copyrite reasons and mayb security reasons look if anyone wants a copy just pm me and we will compromise like habar in the habar process lol

rama_v

HSC
mmm said:
i got the neap 2dai let me asure everyone it is a killer lol i would fail if i got an exam like dat eff...and no im not gonna post it due 2 copyrite reasons and mayb security reasons look if anyone wants a copy just pm me and we will compromise like habar in the habar process lol
Nah i did the neap trial today, it was easy, muche asier than past neap papers in my opinion, there may have been one or two questions that required you to think, but other than that there were quite a few "give me" marks type questions...If you are prepared dont worry too much, its not that hard :)

mmm

rama_v said:
Nah i did the neap trial today, it was easy, muche asier than past neap papers in my opinion, there may have been one or two questions that required you to think, but other than that there were quite a few "give me" marks type questions...If you are prepared dont worry too much, its not that hard :)
look at question 19 (if u have the paper) about destructive and non destructive, look also at question 20 the flow chart 20(c) to be precise and question 23 about le chatelier

rama_v

HSC
mmm said:
look at question 19 (if u have the paper) about destructive and non destructive, look also at question 20 the flow chart 20(c) to be precise and question 23 about le chatelier
Non-destructive and destructive was in it, but our teacher told us it was in it before the exam lol, so I guess thats why I didnt find it hard. In any case its quite simple common sense I think...The flow chart was just conversion of ethene to ethanol and then esterficiation, nothing too spectacular about that?? The le chatlier one, I presumed it was talking abotu acid rain so I just said that SO2 and CO2 are being produced which form H2SO3 and H2CO3 in the equlibrium reaction with water in the atmosphere, though Im not sure if Im right about that. We will have to wait and see

Last edited:

mmm

rama_v said:
Non-destructive and destructive was in it, but our teacher told us it was in it before the exam lol, so I guess thats why I didnt find it hard. In any case its quite simple common sense I think...The flow chart was just conversion of ethene to ethanol and then esterficiation, nothing too spectacular about that?? The le chatlier one, I presumed it was talking abotu acid rain so I just said that SO2 and CO2 are being produced which form H2SO3 and H2CO2 in the equlibrium reaction with water in teh atmosphere, though Im not sure if Im right about that. We will have to wait and see
wat got me was the destructive and Non-destructive and during the exam when ure under pressure u cant think straight thats y i found those 3 particular questions hard

HSC
is destructive and non destructive testing even in the syllabus? and when you said H2C02 (rama) shouldn't it have been H2C03 equilibria and you explain by saying increasing emissions of C02 (increasing conc) shift to the right producing more H2C03 and hence more H+ ions, lowers pH. the ques i couldn't get was the fricken calculation, and the other one was the destructive, i forgot the polymer uses and had to bullshit.

rama_v

HSC
ifsonotso_100 said:
is destructive and non destructive testing even in the syllabus? and when you said H2C02 (rama) shouldn't it have been H2C03 equilibria and you explain by saying increasing emissions of C02 (increasing conc) shift to the right producing more H2C03 and hence more H+ ions, lowers pH. the ques i couldn't get was the fricken calculation, and the other one was the destructive, i forgot the polymer uses and had to bullshit.
Yeah i meant H2CO3, sorry it was a typo. Yeah I said it increases the acidity of rain as per le chatliers, as more CO2 equals more H2CO3 which is an acid. I think non-destructive and destructive is basically a common sense question, you see the thing is people get so caught up with each dotpoint in the sylabus - destructive would be like when you test for ph with an indicator and non-destructive when you test for ph with a ph meter.

I thought the calculation was easy, probably because I did an almost identical calculation in the conquering chemistry textbook the day before...Oh and the polymer one was prtty dodgy because the biopolymer we studied in class had nothing to do with any of the uses or properties of polyethlyene, lol so I did more contrasting than comparing.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Well it's no wonder that you rnt allowed to post up exams...we only did the exam this week...and our school always uses the neap trial exams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)