Neap Trial Exam 2005 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey who here did the Neap trial. Rather than doing the cssa this year my school did the Neap paper, i prefer it because of the formatting really - more like the hsc. In regards to difficulty i would think that the Neap would be easier than the cssa.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on how you went if u did Neap?

tronneth

HSC
Thought i'd bump this.

I got 71%, 2nd to old mate underthebridge up there. I got about 85/120 i think.

Anyone get results yet? Anyone compared this with CSSA?

justchillin

HSC
Neap was easy I thought, but question 7 (c); their solutions are wacky man, there is a much better way...

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
yes, this test was relatively easy. Top mark in our grade was 95%, (by 12-yo genious.) and thats not final because teacher is chasing up the correct solutions for question 8 or something....so he could get 100%.

David_O

HSC
N/A
Can someone post q7 and 8 of the NEAP paper for the purposes of a solution or for the purposes of critique then? :p

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
"Note that the relevant purpose is that of the person who is reproducing the work; it is not sufficient to be publishing the work for the research or study of others."

Nice try, but only the one who reproduces it may use that line. :p

rabdog

ert
HSC
N/A
Maybe i will search for NEAP Exams on p2p networks... haha. I'd like to see them battle the big guns!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
H.S. Carslaw said:
No!

Don't!

You are not allowed to post up the NEAP - ever!

Some people got into trouble a few years ago because of NEAP (including boredofstudies admins). Boredofstudies was forced by legal action taken against them to post up an apology for a week on their home page for breach of copyright:

"We would like to apologise to National Educational Advancement Programs (NEAP) Pty Ltd for reproducing its materials without permission on this website. We will ensure that no further breach of NEAP's copyright will occur in the future."

I remember it well. A large number of NEAP's papers were strewn across the boredofstudies resources pages - illegally! Obviously the illegal nature of this was unbeknown to the admins or else it would never have been allowed in the first place.

Just perouse the resources pages - all of them - not just for the subjects you're studying. There you will see the tombstones of the faithfully departed illegal online NEAP papers once found there in times of olde.

For example, we see on the <a href="http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=13">Physics page</a>:

"2002 Trial Exam: Questions..................NEAP ..................Removed - PDF(N/A)"

According to NEAP's website, www.neap.com.au, the reason for this stringent approach is that their trial exams are provided for school internal use only. They are not supposed to be available to the general public.

Lazarus has spoken. Don't argue.

And although it's not actually a feature of the Quote facility, I should point out that the post ID of this particular quote is <a href="http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=465398">465398</a>.

I think it's in the nature of these forums to get a large number of new members every year, as they approach their HSC who may be unfamiliar of major events that have occured on the website in previous years (like legal action for breach of copyright!). Boredofstudies should post up a yearly reminder of the NEAP situation so that these new members don't fall into the same trap year after year.

Basically for online content, it's wise to not touch NEAP with a bargepole.
HI DEREK!

MarsBarz

HSC
That is ridiculous and your efforts are ludicrous.
This is the internet, the land of free information and no one can stop it from getting online. And why would a past exam be copyrighted? What is the purpose going through such trouble?
It's a good thing we still have email communication, p2p, torrents, irc etc sheesh...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Both are wrong, but there is a huge difference between sharing it privately amongst individuals and posting it on a forum as large as this one, especially considering its popularity.

MarsBarz

HSC
I'd understand if it was still profitable but I imagine that after all the school's that bought it have used it there is little point in going through such drastic length to protect it. :/ I don't really care, I'm just confused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)