ne1 done door to door b4 ? (1 Viewer)

shArkEe

I did door to door sales for Three for like 2 months, the pay is excellent i got like $1500 a month but the job was so shyt cause i worked from 12:00 to 11:00, ne1 else here done door to door sales b4 ?

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
it's only excellent pay if u are a good salesperson, otherwise u get shit all from the retainer. $1500 a month, as in full time? I would actually consider that pretty shit pay, for a full time job.

My bf did it but only lasted 3 days cos it was shithouse, selling shutters like who the fuck wants shutters

shArkEe

wats a retainer? haha well considering i onli got $60 a sale max cause for different plans i get differnt commission and $60 was my max commission i consider $1500 a month pretty good

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
retainer is your base amount that u get whether u make any sales or not. It's usually heaps low so if u don't get many sales, it's like slave labour cos u get hardly any pay

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
id never be a door to door salesperson.......not after the way i treat them whenthey used to come to my door haha im such a bitch

Sabbo

HSC
I guess you learn to deal with rejections pretty well :)

Jumpman

HSC
I did door to door sales for Three for like 2 months, the pay is excellent i got like $1500 a month but the job was so shyt cause i worked from 12:00 to 11:00, ne1 else here done door to door sales b4 ?
did anyone call you a loser?

shArkEe

i haven't actually been called a loser b4 but i have been told to get a proper job, door slammed in my face, chased out of the yard by dogs, knocking that week when it was 45 degrees, when it was pouring like hell, when you get a customer that stinks you basically hafta hold your breth for the whole 2 hours your talking with him/her, and i also get told off everyday i get a doughy and dats onli the stuff i remember......btw i didn't get a retainer cause my company was stingy

MiSSi

my job is pretty similar. i sell vacuums at people's houses. ive just started and im having doubts with the pay too cos i work like 10hrs + a day and its based on the number of sales you make.

shArkEe

missi do you get a retainer though? cause if you get a retainer its still betta, that like me cause mines 100% commission

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
I have friends who do and believe me its fucking shit! Don't do it. It's true when people say "GET A REAL JOB"

wildtiger

HSC
I'm doing it right now for Energy Australia under COBRA =) anyone else?

its fun cuz i've made lots of new friends but in terms of pay its pretty shithouse! theres heaps to learn though. Will quit when uni starts.

MiSSi

shArkEe said:
missi do you get a retainer though? cause if you get a retainer its still betta, that like me cause mines 100% commission
err explain retainer? sorry dunno wat it is.

shArkEe

its been explained already lolz, its like a bse pay, eg if you dont get any sales you still get a mininim every week

MiSSi

shArkEe said:
its been explained already lolz, its like a bse pay, eg if you dont get any sales you still get a mininim every week
oh yeah i guess so.. every demo i do at ppl's houses i get $20 for it.

shArkEe

haha, how does your boss know if you did a demo or not? wat if you just make it up and say you got 2 demos everyday ?

MiSSi

cos we have teams we work in a certain area. and there is a team manager. he controls everything.

so was that a retainer?

shArkEe

nah dats not a retainer, a retainer is like a mininum you get everyweek a base rate.......this is hard to explain, like lets say you make $20 for every demo you make, if you make no demos then you get paid nothing that week right? a retainer is that you get lets say $50 even though you made no demos, its just security so you dont lose money for making no sales, if your doing door to door try and find a job WItH a retainer i was stupid not to ask if i got one b4 i accepted my job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)