Status
Not open for further replies.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Shuter said:
Webber definatly is, peja might not be.
Last year, Peja was an All-Star and was 2nd in the league in scoring. He's won the 3pt. shootout twice in a row.

But anyway, I'm a kings fan, slightly annoyed by the team changes this season, and how the team has gone from a title contender to being on the fringe of the playoffs. I guess it's stemmed from injuries and the inconsistancies of their star players. Stojakovic has had a mediocre season, but Bibby and Mobley have played well. I still feel that they would be a better team with Webber.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Darius Songalia is under rated, and with Webber gone he has the chance to prove himself. Thats what Darko needs as well, Rasheed Wallace to move on so he can show his potential.

Anyway, Peja not a super star? tell me which team in the nba that wouldn't want him? As with Webber, his horrid form with injuries hasn't worked in his favour, so im not surprised he isnt his explosive self anymore.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I know your all having a bit of a whinge but heres my contribution...
I love the Supes, Reggie, Shard, RayRay, AD, Radman, Ridnour, Collison, Fortson and even JJ starting to have good games this season, career best 22 today. Im pretty impressed after a shocking season last year and the year before, predicted to finish close to last this year. But at the same time we are lossing to many ppl to free agency at the end of year, ill be surprised if we can follow this years success next year. So what about it? Supes for NBA title this year? Anyone agree?

Still cant get over the improvement... and how good is shard this year, my favourite player by a landslide he has awesome skills.

On that anyone got any ideas of Boguts drafting into NBA? What number do you predict

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Seattle are doing great, but i dont think they have what it takes to win the title, not with Miami playing hot.

Bogut will be top 3 most likely, I'd like to see him at Charlotte to form a formidable front court with Okafor, and if they land a decent player in the 2 or 3 position they shouldnt be wooden spooners for long.The hawks could use him as well, as they have some decent young guys in smith.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I agree with what ur saying about miami riding a hot streak. But im just to impressed with the supes play this year, i think this is the 1st time weve been in the playoffs since we traded "The Glove." But i gotta say im not real impressed with GP, his games arent to bad but what was with him leaving the hawks. i dont like the hawks but i dont know what happened there, maybe it was the cancerous GP that i have heard so much about...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Well why would GP wanna play for the hawks, i think he wanted to play on a team with a considerdable chance of making th eplay offs since hes in the twilight of his career.

He's 36 i think, hes moving on but you cant replace a guy whos been all defensive 1st team for god knows how many times.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
yeah hes a great defender, but it still doesnt answer the question on why he left/got axed by the Hawks, why would a crap team cut a player of his (rusty) talent, and experience? I still wish he had of come back to the sonics for his last (few?) year(s). I know alot of people dont like him but, once a fan, always a fan i guess.

But nothing against ridnour taking his spot. Luke doing a great job in only his second year. i like the fact he doesnt shoot far too much like other PG. Although i'd like to see his assists per game stat stop dropping.

If any body knows about GP though feel free to tell me.

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
i dun think payton wanted 2 play at atlanta...dats y da hawks waived him...they didnt want a player who was going to take up cap space who didnt want to be there...

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
hahah cap space? he's not even worth that much anyway

xsb

eViLnUt said:
i dun think payton wanted 2 play at atlanta...dats y da hawks waived him...they didnt want a player who was going to take up cap space who didnt want to be there...
when u waive someone, their contract still counts against ur cap so it wouldnt have really cleared any capspace this yr

raybow

HSC
N/A
lol

yea rightio evil nut

so who's got a real opinion to share?

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
cjb said:
when u waive someone, their contract still counts against ur cap so it wouldnt have really cleared any capspace this yr
yep but they would kno that Boston would pick him up straightaway...

xsb

eViLnUt said:
yep but they would kno that Boston would pick him up straightaway...
yeh... but even if boston gave him a new contract, atlanta would still have the difference of his old and new contract goin against their cap. But yeh, its the last yr of his contract i think so they can probably let his 5mil contract stay on their books this yr

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
The Hawk's bought out Payton's contract, then waived him. There was no point leaving him at Atlanta if he wasnt going to play at all. They picked up a first round pick and two mediocre players in Gugliotta and Stewart, Celtics ripped them off.

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
googs used to be a solid player back in the 90s until injuries effed him up hud caw

Here is Gone

HSC
The whole Payton-Celtics fiasco looks so staged.
Andrew Bogut projected to be about 1-2 pick, which is great. Long shot, but hopefully it brings some NBA games to Aussie land =D
TD out - not happy. But at least this gives a chance for Manu and Parker to step up their game and grow into better, if not great players.
I wouldn't mind seeing Supes doing great this year (as long as they don't knock out SAS) but I doubt they have the experience to move to the next level. And it's a shame really, since there's a chance that they might lose Ray Allen

Oh, and props to the other guy who supports SAS. GO THE SPURS!

Alimoe_KG

HSC
oh c'mon...why the spurs?! they're already in the damn playoffs. it's time to support teams that are playing for their lives! E.g. t-wolves! show some love for the underdog says I !

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Its make or break for KG, unless they trade good in the offseason, he aint gonna win shit again :s

Here is Gone

HSC
Airness said:
oh c'mon...why the spurs?! they're already in the damn playoffs. it's time to support teams that are playing for their lives! E.g. t-wolves! show some love for the underdog says I !
Hmmm, I think you have a really good point there. So in spirit of supporting the underdogs, they deserve a spot in my sig =P

Oh, and if I'm breaking any sig rules just let me know

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Man this thread is dying so bad that it makes the Lakers look like they're having a good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)