- Yao will be in the top 10 scorers
- Shaq will lead the scorers
- Miami meet Detroit in Conference Finals
- Detroit repeat

Last edited:

xsb

GO the SPURS!!!!
Damn that Derek Fisher 0.4s buzzer beater

Cant believe how much Shaq and Jackson hated Kobe... and they still won 3 champhionships

Anyways... my predictions

MVP: TD
ROY: Okafor
DPOY: Ron Artest
MIP: Marquis Daniels
6th Man of the Year: Brent Barry

NBA Finals - Spurs in 6 over Detroit

ok, so maybe im a bit biased

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
MVP: KG
ROY: Okafor
DPOY: Big Ben
MIP: Gerald Wallace
6th Man: Earl Boykins or Brent Barry

SMOTY is a hard one to pick

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
MVP: KG
ROY: Okafor (but only cause Howard probably wont play as much ass Okafor)
DPOY: Ben Wallace
MIP: Dwayne Wade
6th Man: Brent Barry

aidan910

HSC
MVP: Shaq.. he will dominate the east
ROY: Howard or Deng
DPOY: Ben Wallace
MIP: Gerald Wallace or Primoz Brezec
6th Man: Jerry Stackhouse or Hedo Turkoglu

ravenheart

HSC
MVP: KG and Duncan are the favourites, but i hope it's KG again.
ROY: i agree with aidan, prob Deng.
DPOY: KG...hehe
MIP: Al Harrington.
6th MAn: Stephen Jackson

T-Wolves will at least win the Western Conference final, and Championship is quite possible too.

Last edited:

aidan910

HSC
drew gooden might also be a surprise winner of most improved.. not realli a surprise but he might sneak up and win it...

aidan910

HSC
only 4 days to go guys..... how exciting.... i am not happy tho coz i dont have espn :(.. but my friends do.. so there gonna be sick of me soon.....

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
I cant wait for Tuesday. Luckily we go digital recently and we now have ESPN. So im gonna be glued to the TV, once physics is over on wednesday.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
i cant wait for hours and hours of commercials about our favourite espn shows, like the old onion bag with tommy onion smith, and more commercials about other crap espn shows... oh yeah and the bits of nba in between...
btw reno, do you know if espn will be broadcasting nba in digital goodyness? or even in HD?

edit: does espn even have the rights for this season?

Last edited:

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
felix_js said:
i cant wait for hours and hours of commercials about our favourite espn shows
first quater of game
*10 minutes of ads*
"Due to time constraints we now move ahead in this program"
*40mins of ads*
fourth quarter of game

thats what happens when you miss the live broadcast :mad:

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
yeh ESPN has the rights to the NBA with TNT and ABC i think. Unfortunately i checked and in the first week they are showing like only 2 games i think. Which sucks greatly. And with the digital or HD, umm i dont know. i guess u would need a HD/Digital TV to see that.

aidan910

HSC
yeah espn.. last season only ever had 2 games a week in australia.. wednesdays and saturdays.. sometimes they played the saturday double header.. but only rarely...

i reckon channel ten or prime.. like some aussie free to air channel should buy the rights to say one game a week or something.... it would be better then watching some of the lame a$$ sh!t thats on now !!!

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
i wish they could show more NBL.
I really couldn't give a rats about NBA because it's so boring, but basketball is still basketball...

aidan910

HSC
NBL would be good.. if they knew how to score..... i watched the NBL All Star match for last season... it blew... some of the guys were missing straight forward lay-ups... it might of been that they just werent caring about the game.. but for me.. i lost alot of respect for the nbl after seeing that....

heaps of people diss the NBA.. but it is very entertaining... especially watching guys like kenyon martin and lebron james who are freakishly athletic...... i cant wait for the start of the season....

im gonna tip that the rockets take it to the pistons in the opening game.. yao and t-mac will dominate!!!!

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
aidan910 said:
NBL would be good.. if they knew how to score..... i watched the NBL All Star match for last season... it blew... some of the guys were missing straight forward lay-ups... it might of been that they just werent caring about the game.. but for me.. i lost alot of respect for the nbl after seeing that....
well they did have it the day after the grand final when most of the imports from other teams went home... and when everyone was practically on holidays. and it was only a trial, because it was the first all star game for a few years

on the other hand, if you watched the playoff series, it was the complete opposite ;)

anyway this year's all star game will be mid season, with all players available, and a dunk comp and 3 point shoot out and all the other stuff. so it will be a lot better

aidan910

HSC
then i shall be watching with plenty of interest...... the nbl has still got nothing on da nba..

people can try and diss the nba all they like... but its the best basketball league in the world. u can argue the point that they didnt win the gold medal at the plympics or woteva but they had their 3rd -4th rate team in.. and the international rules suit the european teams......

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
aidan910: The rules to the game in no way affected the outcome of the tournament, what it came down to was the US teams inability to defend or hit the open jump shot. They lacked the jump shooters they had in previous years (reggie, mullins, allen) and thats what you need when attacking a zone. They couldnt play man to man defense against the Europeans because they ran to good offenses, when they switched to zone the Europeans just hit open shots. Thats why the US lost.

And the NBA is at one of its low points now compared to the last 20 years or 30 years. It won't hit its best for at least another 4/5 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)