NBA Moments (1 Viewer)

allGenreGamer

What's your favourite and worst NBA moment? :)

My Favourite: The final play of Michael Jordan when he was in the Bulls. Sneakily stripped the ball off superstar Karl Malone, then defeats Russell 1O1 for the game winning jump-shot. Glorious ending for a glorious player (ignoring his career as a Wizard)!

My Worst: Though it was extremely cool, I hated it when Iverson (on his rookie year) passed Jordan for the jump-shot... my hero lost! :-( oh well Jordan also blocked it and Iverson is a cool player so I'm over it :).

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
I was gonna say Jordans UTAH game also, but ill say something different.

BEST: when jordan averaged 41.3ppg (approx.) in the finals against Phoenix and i watched everygame :D

WORST: when derek fisher hit the buzzer shot over the spurs

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
allGenreGamer said:
My Favourite: The final play of Michael Jordan when he was in the Bulls. Sneakily stripped the ball off superstar Karl Malone, then defeats Russell 1O1 for the game winning jump-shot. Glorious ending for a glorious player (ignoring his career as a Wizard)!
That was just the perfect ending to his career, so perfect even Hollywood couldn't have scripted it better. Had it not been for his ill-fated comback from retirement then it would have been the last shot MJ would take in his career. Oddly enough, if you watch the play closely you can actually see MJ give Russell as push from behind... sneaky play.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
sry but i dont think his comeback was ill-fated, sure he didnt make the playoffs, but he averaged 20ppg and almost took a crap team to the playoffs, he proved that he was still one of the best players in the league

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
Ill-fated in the sense that his play wasn't up to the standard he had set for himself in seasons past. His play as you mentioned was still good enough for one of the best in the league but this is Michael Jordan we're talking about here... I guess being 39-40 doesn't help.

However, I wouldn't say the Wizards were crap. Richard Hamilton (and later Jerry Stackhouse), Larry Hughes, Chris Whitney and Popeye Jones (perhaps Kwame Brown... actually scratch that thought :D) were good enough to help make the Wizards playoff contenders in the not-so gruelling Eastern conference in 2001-2003. Injuries took their toll on those Wizards team.

Internal feuding (when he tried to get his front-office job back) after the third retirement of MJ eventually lead to MJ cutting ties with the Wizards. Had he not returned to the basketball court I'm sure MJ would still own the Wizards.

But I'm probably just bitter he had to return AGAIN. That ending to the '98 Finals was just too good, a dream ending to a career like his.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
remember rip didnt fit in with that team, u can say the same about jermaine oneal but he didnt play well until he was traded. stackhouse is a joke, he'll never be as good as his first few seasons,, chris whitney was utterly inconsistent and popeye jones could only rebound. kwame was, well..kwame.

i dont think he wouldve still owned the Wizards, he didnt et along with the management before he was a player and i dont think it wouldve changed. there are reports that he is interested (and has been invited) to co-own miami with pat riley

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
i dont think he wouldve still owned the Wizards, he didnt et along with the management before he was a player and i dont think it wouldve changed. there are reports that he is interested (and has been invited) to co-own miami with pat riley
What a coincidence, Shaq arrives at Miami, and Jordan is linked to co-owning them. As a player, Jordan was and still is the ultimate player, but he seems to just be an oppourtunist when it comes to managing/owning a team.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
well he was actually invited by pat riley, he wasnt interested at first but riley's been courting him, so he might just join...itd be good 4 miami

slammindas

when iverson crossed up jordan and popped the jumper on him. coach jackson was like "Mike, get up on him!" or some shit like that, haha not the best moment but evertime i see it i laugh, and it did have some skill in it!

nifty03

HSC
agreed. iverson killed jordan in that one. Damn he's fearless :D
it's pretty funny to watch the all time greatest player fall.

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
That was Olympics :p

But yeah what a win... Arroyo is a beast.

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
sean elliots memorial day miracle

...and when duncan dunked on ben wallace's ass ;)

xsb

Best: David Robinson retiring with a championship

Worst: 0.4s Fisher shot... It is impossible to get a shot off in that time :mad:

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
allGenreGamer said:
My Favourite: The final play of Michael Jordan when he was in the Bulls. Sneakily stripped the ball off superstar Karl Malone, then defeats Russell 1O1 for the game winning jump-shot. Glorious ending for a glorious player (ignoring his career as a Wizard)!QUOTE]

it was obvious that jordan pushed and shoved russell out with his forearm

it was offensive foul!!!

xsb

allGenreGamer said:
What's your favourite and worst NBA moment? :)

My Worst: Though it was extremely cool, I hated it when Iverson (on his rookie year) passed Jordan for the jump-shot... my hero lost! :-( oh well Jordan also blocked it and Iverson is a cool player so I'm over it :).
Jordan also sneakily snuck in a push on Russell to get open ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)