National Youth Science Forum (1 Viewer)

Luthien

Somewhere in the wilderness of my crazy mind
HSC
yeah a career in science, and studying science/engineering/technology degree at uni, is a must.
My interview was 24th July, between 1 and 5pm, the presentation, whereyou have about 10 minutes to preparea speech on a given topic and present it, i thought went well, as did the group activity, butistuffed myinterviewup majorely- which is the reason i didn't get in!! Oh well i've learntto never do that in an interview again!!
Katie did you get selected for nysf?
congrats.

kpq_sniper017

damn...
u have to give a 10 minute speech?

i don't even think i could sustain an interesting speech for 5 mins!

lilkatie

Yeah I got into nysf, My interview was at teh same time as yours, I waas teh blonde chick who went on about the kid who was going to do something with snake venom??
Did you get through?
Man they gave me such a hard time in the interview but, for instance "I watched teh eclipse of Venus" " How do telescopes work?" "Um I have no idea whatsoever" lol. I screwed my speech too, cause i didnt address teh audience, but it mustn't have mattered eh

lilkatie

Oh sorry what did we have to do right.
Interviews: Talk about yourself, what have you done in teh areas of science research (um i did a srp in yr 10 lol), what do you think about advances in science and teh repercussions they have on society, pick a topic ie fishing, gentics, space exploration etc and talk about the underlying scientific principles and teh impact on society, why do you wanna go to nysf, how will yo ucope with 150 otehr people, etc etc that kind athing.
Then we had 10 mins to prepare a 3min speech (i don't know wher eyo ugot 10min speech from)
Tehn we had to do a group exercise (hint they always pick teh leaders of the group, be a leader), pretend to promote science week to our school.
That abot sums it up, and they give yo ua score, and rank everyone from 1st to last.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
omggg i never heard about this...is it to late...who do i speak too...where do i go?????

boo_girl

umm, yeah sam04u, i think it's a little late... :(

btw, i got in. looking forward to meeting all the ppl that got in from bos

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
:( oh well sux to be me... i hope you have fun

damn it sux superly since i love science...like really......oh well i was probably to stupid to get in anyways (look after "really" a double elipses thats unheard of)

boo_girl

sam04u - no way!! all u needed to get in was that u were actually doing a science subject and were interested in science as a career.

Luthien

Somewhere in the wilderness of my crazy mind
HSC
*Katie* said:
Yeah I got into nysf, My interview was at teh same time as yours, I waas teh blonde chick who went on about the kid who was going to do something with snake venom??
Did you get through?
I wasn't in yourindividul group but i remembera blonde chick calledkate,so i'm assuming that was you!! I hada feelingyou would get through.
I didn'tbecause yeah myinterview(worth70%)i stuffedup, becuase whentrying to explain scientific thingsi hadknow idea! and stupid me said so....
ohwell i don'tcvare anyway.

Pankcake Guddu

HSC
yeah my interviews at the end of july too...ur talking about district interviews right? yeah hopefully we'll both get in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)