national undergraduate scholarships (1 Viewer)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Kirika said:
is it in one of the between numbers? and it does say that if you think you shjould qualify but ur code isnt there then you should write to them. its probably worth explaining that it is regional and just as deserving as other places. i think they also do it coz people far away find it harder to get there, but ballina is proly a long way from ACT top right? if u think ur area deserves it, email them, they wont know that other places deserve it unless u tell them
No, it doesn't fall inside any of the postcodes listed. Yes, I read that thing about contacting them, but I haven't/didn't bother. I'm not that worried, it just seems odd to me, and I'm wondering how they decide what is regional, or if there are other factors at play.

Another question- do they choose 1 student per region for this scholarship? you might not know this, and actually, I doubt it. What was your UAI exactly, by the way?

congratulations all the same, I don't want to sound like I'm trying to undermine your hugfe achievement.

Kirika

HSC
it says that one scholarship is offered per region. i guess you have to be a little lucky in how many people are in your region and who of those want to go to ANU. i got 98 by the way but i also would have got the full five EAS points i think so that might have been a factor, i dont know. did you try and apply anyway?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
um, I can't actually remember if I applied for it! I remember appyling for the national undergraduate one (just incase), and I'm not sure if he regional ones were included with that entry. I'm not actually considering ANU anymore, since I got a scholarship to USYD anyway. But I think its a great Uni and will probably end up there some time in the future.

hangerm5

HSC
sarahn said:
did anyone out there get the national undergrad scholarship???

im curious to see what UAI was needed, as id thought i had a good chance with 99.75...
I know someone who got one with 99.85 I think so you werent far away. I got a lowly 90.9 so it remains to be seen if i end up at ANU but I should get into Arts on that dont you think?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
The arts cut-off is 85 and is unlikely to change. You're in.

hangerm5

HSC
It allready is at 90 and so i would still have .9 to spare. oh well i dont mind, I am still pushing for arts. we'll all know soon enough.
I get EAS points for disadvantage school to, nice and helpful but i am really pleased that I made it on my own.

sarahn

HSC
omg omg...

i just got my scholarship upgraded from a region one to a National Undergraduate scholarship!!!!!!!

looks like im coming to canberra :)

hangerm5

HSC
Hey Sarah thats really cool. See you soon then. Shame i forgot to apply for scholarships...probably wouldnt have got one anyway-not from ANU on my UAI

sarahn

HSC
I ended up turning down the NUS. I got a scholarship to one of the Colleges at melbourne uni (which was always my preferred option)...which was about the same value as the region scholarship....

while the $50,000 would have been nice, in the end, my parents "didnt want to punish me for doing well" by suggesting i go to ANU rather than melbourne...

best wishes to everyone going to ANU on BoS, especially the lucky thing that gets my scholarship!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)