NAB to introduce Muslim-friendly loans (1 Viewer)

M3riJaan

Another Member
HSC
if they allow this law , various other laws from various groups would want their laws or rules to be enforced. Yes , this is a muslim law but as a country , "Australia" wouldn't it seem unequal what they are trying to do.
one step at a time...

but then again, this isn't really a step forward. like other people said, all they've done is changed the name. im no muslim scholar, but the fact that theyre making any money out of the loan goes against sharia law, and i cant see what the point is. any publicity is good publicity i guess

and who else didn't see that half this thread would turn into a race war?

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
if they allow this law , various other laws from various groups would want their laws or rules to be enforced. Yes , this is a muslim law but as a country , "australia" wouldn't it seem unequal what they are trying to do.
what law? What the fuck are you smoking you twat?

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
well then i rest my case. That explains why you are the way you are. I honestly feel sorry for you!!!...criticise all you want but it will get you no where it just proves how unhappy and sad your own life is that you feel the need to bag out other religions and their followers!! its ok...there are others like you in this world who i'm sure you'll find you'll get along with!!
Read my post dear: I don't bag out other religions and their followers; I criticise them when they are wrong or out of line, which is often, but rightly so.

You'll get no sympathy trying to spew fundamentalist pity here, so don't bother; most of Australia is a very irreligious place, and that's especially true on these forums.

And just for the record: I like being atheist. I feel more alive than I ever did when I was religious, and take it from somebody who's seen it from both sides, that's something you most certainly are missing.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
one step at a time...

but then again, this isn't really a step forward. like other people said, all they've done is changed the name. im no muslim scholar, but the fact that theyre making any money out of the loan goes against sharia law, and i cant see what the point is. any publicity is good publicity i guess

and who else didn't see that half this thread would turn into a race war?
*sigh* Islam isn't a race. If you're going to accuse people of blanket bigotry, at least accuse them of the right sort. :rolleyes:

greekgun

HSC
Why the fuck are we introducing a law from another country into our own country? If people want laws 2 b introduced from another country, then they should go back to that country: clearly this is prejudice against every other nationality/religion.

Edit: Apologies just read the bit which reads : non-muslims can apply to this loan.

Last edited:

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
;)Personally i don't understand why some people r making a big issue of this when this new law thing comes in place. It's a good thing because u need to take into account peoples customs and beliefs. It's against the islamic religon to pay interest coz it's like gambling and it's against the islamic religon 2 gamble. Secondly it's not going 2 effect anyone.:D

Holly_H

HSC
Its simple; remove "Muslim" from the title of the loans.

Any reference to sharia law will only elicit further rage, as anyone (other than Muslims) who has ever delved into matters of sharia law would understand its oppressive power.
There was simply no need for NAB to advertise such a controversial title in an already unstable racial environment. Whilst i respect the monetary profit scope this loan will produce, i see no reason it should be blatantly packaged as some kind of acknowledgment and accommodation of Muslim practice/law. Surely they could have used better judgment and simply created a product incorporating these "Muslim" particulars and then left it for the "Muslims" to see. Obviously Muslims do look for loans and to blankly label the loan as "Muslim" friendly could be considered as underestimating their intelligence.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
;)Personally i don't understand why some people r making a big issue of this when this new law thing comes in place. It's a good thing because u need to take into account peoples customs and beliefs. It's against the islamic religon to pay interest coz it's like gambling and it's against the islamic religon 2 gamble. Secondly it's not going 2 effect anyone.:D

Kill yourself in a painful manner, please.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Ok.

Then as an atheist, I happen to find ALL religions offensive. Therefore, I am very offended by women wearing rags over their heads.

Therefore, in the interest of taking into account MY customs and beliefs, all women in Lebanon should take the rags off their heads and walk around like normal people.

Okay?

rara92

HSC
Read my post dear: I don't bag out other religions and their followers; I criticise them when they are wrong or out of line, which is often, but rightly so.

You'll get no sympathy trying to spew fundamentalist pity here, so don't bother; most of Australia is a very irreligious place, and that's especially true on these forums.

And just for the record: I like being atheist. I feel more alive than I ever did when I was religious, and take it from somebody who's seen it from both sides, that's something you most certainly are missing.
criticising is bagging them out. just a nicer way of saying it.
no most of Australai isnt a very ireligious place, if you can get me facts that prove that then i'll agree with you. MAYBE your crowd is, but thats not a reflection of all of Australia. Having done a study on the spread of religion throughout Australia, i think you'll find that your very wrong!!

well im glad u enjoy being athiest, but not so sure its a loss 2 me.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
criticising is bagging them out. just a nicer way of saying it.
no most of Australai isnt a very ireligious place, if you can get me facts that prove that then i'll agree with you. MAYBE your crowd is, but thats not a reflection of all of Australia. Having done a study on the spread of religion throughout Australia, i think you'll find that your very wrong!!

well im glad u enjoy being athiest, but not so sure its a loss 2 me.
Criticising-The word critic comes from the Greek κριτικός (kritikós), "able to discern" , which in turn derives from the word κριτής (krités), meaning a person who offers reasoned judgment or analysis, value judgment, interpretation, or observation .

Brag-boast: show off

Get your facts straight you tart.

rara92

HSC
Criticising-The word critic comes from the Greek κριτικός (kritikós), "able to discern" , which in turn derives from the word κριτής (krités), meaning a person who offers reasoned judgment or analysis, value judgment, interpretation, or observation .

Brag-boast: show off

Get your facts straight you tart.
thankyou 4 the grammer lesson :):)

M3riJaan

Another Member
HSC
*sigh* Islam isn't a race. If you're going to accuse people of blanket bigotry, at least accuse them of the right sort. :rolleyes:

again, you reduce the thread to 'religious' differences. nobody cares about how much you hate god. this thread wasnt made for your vanity.

The point im trying to make is that these so called 'muslim loans' are in fact not so, the borrowers are still losing money, and that isnt right. the concept of interest is based on the poor donating to the rich. how is that fair? and i think i heard somewhere earlier in the thread that the old testament forbid interest as well, and this was only reaffirmed in the new testament. so, understand that not only is wrong for us muslims to give or recieve interest, its wrong for all the abrahamic religions. now i guess the only person who has any right to oppose are non-abrahamic religions and aetheists, but even then, the loan is open to all citizens of this country, so why argue?

your move...

HSC
N/A
again, you reduce the thread to 'religious' differences. nobody cares about how much you hate god. this thread wasnt made for your vanity.

The point im trying to make is that these so called 'muslim loans' are in fact not so, the borrowers are still losing money, and that isnt right. the concept of interest is based on the poor donating to the rich. how is that fair? and i think i heard somewhere earlier in the thread that the old testament forbid interest as well, and this was only reaffirmed in the new testament. so, understand that not only is wrong for us muslims to give or recieve interest, its wrong for all the abrahamic religions. now i guess the only person who has any right to oppose are non-abrahamic religions and aetheists, but even then, the loan is open to all citizens of this country, so why argue?

your move...
you are retarded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)