N award? (1 Viewer)

Will sien get an N award tmr

• Total voters

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I may be threatened with an n award tmr for bio because i have barely hand in any hw. My assessment marks is fine tho. Do teachers give you a N award warning first or do they give you the N award straight away?
EDIT: Will update tmr if i do end up getting one or not haha do your hw guys :D

Last edited:

si2136

HSC
N/A
I may be threatened with an n award tmr for bio because i have barely hand in any hw. My assessment marks is fine tho. Do teachers give you a N award warning first or do they give you the N award straight away?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
You usually get an N award straight away. If your teacher is lenient enough, you may get off with a warning.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
You usually get an N award straight away. If your teacher is lenient enough, you may get off with a warning.
What happens when you get a n award? Do unis like reject you something

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Lel at my school they typically give you a warning first, but it might be verbal
as in if your teacher was like if you don't hand in your homework by first day of next term im giving you an n-award
then you might; that being said getting an actual n-award, not just like a letter home is very serious and its highly unlikely a teacher would give you one for not doing hw without taking major steps to fix the problem first. most of the time a teacher would be highly reluctant to give an n-award to someone especially for like hw
tldr chances are no

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
If you are legit awarded an N-Determination (same thing) the subject is not counted and might make you ineligible for receiving a HSC/ATAR
Hence why schools don't give it out willy nilly, and vast majority of the time its just a threat to get kids to do homework. You'd typically be at the stage were you've had multiple principal parent meetings before you get one
That being said if you are being threatened with one, you should probs do the hw lele

EDIT: did some googling, there is a mandatory minimum 3 strikes policy, so you have to recieve atleast 2 formal letter warnings like this http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/media/downloads/languagesupport/warningletters/pcwl/english.pdf before they can N-award you, so you're all goods ;)

Last edited:

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
My bio teacher gave me one warning before she issued me with an N award

I think it depends on how lenient your teacher is

Flop21

HSC
You usually get a warning letter. I got one, had to sign it, and once the work was completed it went off my record.

The n-awards are the permanent ones aren't they?

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
My bio teacher gave me one warning before she issued me with an N award

I think it depends on how lenient your teacher is
lol so for bio " you will receive no results in that course, the course will not appear on your BOSTES record, and the course will not count towards your pattern of study for the award of a Higher School Certificate. "

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
You usually get a warning letter. I got one, had to sign it, and once the work was completed it went off my record.

The n-awards are the permanent ones aren't they?
Oh yea you're right

-----------------------------------

You usually get n-award 'warnings' before the actual N award. However these warnings aren't just verbal warnings, you have to sign papers and stuff as well. It's not just ur teacher going 'hey do ur hw'

I think once you accumulate 3 n-award warnings for one subject then u get an actual n-award and fail the subject (if you originally have 12 units, it's fine cos you'll still have 10 units for the hsc; however if u get an n-award in english then you're fucked since it's compulsory)

lol so for bio " you will receive no results in that course, the course will not appear on your BOSTES record, and the course will not count towards your pattern of study for the award of a Higher School Certificate. "
Nah I just got an n-award 'warning', meaning I didn't entirely screw up (refer to my above text)

It's fine though cos I dropped bio anyway :spin:

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Oh yea you're right

-----------------------------------

You usually get n-award 'warnings' before the actual N award. However these warnings aren't just verbal warnings, you have to sign papers and stuff as well. It's not just ur teacher going 'hey do ur hw'

I think once you accumulate 3 n-award warnings for one subject then u get an actual n-award and fail the subject (if you originally have 12 units, it's fine cos you'll still have 10 units for the hsc; however if u get an n-award in english then you're fucked since it's compulsory)

Nah I just got an n-award 'warning', meaning I didn't entirely screw up (refer to my above text)

It's fine though cos I dropped bio anyway :spin:
Ah lol okay
I was like dayumm, you dun goofed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)