N.A vs F.A big debate (1 Viewer)

lfc_reds2003

whats your opinion on the debate about natural ability vs forced ability....

what lends itself more to success in maths

obviously a combination is ideal but what is the bigger contributor ?!

pals_2005

HSC
yes this debate has been discussed at school. Obviously you either get it or dont, answering a question 8 required natural talent... Take last years for example, the conics was moderately tough but natural talent was what gets u through (solutions can be sent if needed)

shafqat

HSC
N/A
pals_2005 said:
yes this debate has been discussed at school. Obviously you either get it or dont, answering a question 8 required natural talent... Take last years for example, the conics was moderately tough but natural talent was what gets u through (solutions can be sent if needed)
there was a conics in last years paper?

FinalFantasy

HSC
someone who appears to be "dumb" and doesn't have "natural ability" at first... can just work really hard and get "clever" and get that "natural ability"...
so i would say "F.A":)

lfc_reds2003

oi pals can i ahve a look at your soln

obviously churning out past papers helps but that can only take you so far.... a trick q or a new q will stump ppl of only FA every time!

not saying im purely NA btw

or even A..... please
hehehe

pals_2005

HSC
my friends, let me clarify what i am saying. i guess fa will give u some ability in the earlier questions; however, only na, in my opinion, will get you through question 8 because to see the links throught the question, which happen almost instantly or dont happen at all, requires something that cannot be coached... i guess a sixth sense

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Slide Rule said:
I don't think you understand. "dumb" can become "smart". It's not just aquiring skills, it's actually acquiring intellect.
i do hope you do logic related stuff in the future. you display very good logic.

you are referring to learning to learn better(more efficiently) there, no?

lfc_reds2003

yeh ill pay that pals

oi thanks for the soln

it was very clear and precise
even paddy could follow it!

pals_2005

HSC
man thats kewl im just returning a favour, remember grammar trial question 8 last yr, couldnt see it... bitchy pender, just repaying u for then...
im not gonna bother doing anything for this assesment next week aye, so easy: can they ask anything hard on poly's or volumes. Actually if anyone knows any good questions send them and ill work them now... put model solns up in like 5 min

lfc_reds2003

hehe fair call dude

yeh pender mate.. hit the alcy stop being the designated driver for bobby n macca

then there might be some even more warped q's... hahaha

yeh dude im thunking of drawing on the stupid cheat sheet or writing "FUCK OFF GLEN N THE BOS" .. how cheeky

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
pals_2005 said:
my friends, let me clarify what i am saying. i guess fa will give u some ability in the earlier questions; however, only na, in my opinion, will get you through question 8 because to see the links throught the question, which happen almost instantly or dont happen at all, requires something that cannot be coached... i guess a sixth sense
Sixth sense can be bypassed if you've come across the same question type before. Experience can make a big difference. It's like people saying you can't study for the UMAT exam. If I encounter a particularly difficult type of sequence question for the first time it might take me 1-2 mins to do it but once I've come across I can ussually tackle a similar one in 10-25 seconds. The forced exposure to a multitude of question types makes all the difference.

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
If I encounter a particularly difficult type of sequence question for the first time it might take me 1-2 mins to do it but once I've come across I can ussually tackle a similar one in 10-25 seconds.
try this one, find the next two numbers of this sequence:

594, 487, 566, 493, 310, 447,...

and yes, i'm timing... just j/k, just do it for fun.

FinalFantasy

HSC
who_loves_maths said:
time's up ages ago kFunk, still haven't found the next two numbers yet?

dw, this won't be in the UMAT:)
hey maths dude!!
i trying to do it as well, but i can't haha:p
solution?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)