mystery marks (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Depends how scummy the bar is tbh, if Bar Ace was still open i would highly recommend going there, pinnacle of scum.

imoO

HSC
Lol

Asians won't get free drinks...

they're more likely to get a punch in the face.

PS - I'm asian.

sombrero

HSC
Technically speaking yes

However, "Mystery mark" sounds much cooler and you're not defined by a mathematical object

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i don't look very smart. i might try telling them i got mystery mark.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Perhaps we should play a game. Variant + time + increment of your choice. Website of your choice . Range from 1 - 60(mins). To avoid one of us cheating ( using an engine), we can also assign a moderator to our game and have it analyzed.
Thanks for the offer but I'm pretty shit at chess. I bring out my queen too early.

hollaholla

HSC
Thanks for the offer but I'm pretty shit at chess. I bring out my queen too early.
You like trying the 3 move checkmate i assume? This is often what people do to checkmate beginners. (e3, bC4,qf3 and checkmate.)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I am confident of attaining a mystery mark. How i got there? Throughout the year, the Hsc has been the last thing on my mind. For a long time now I have been playing the game of chess on websites such as FICS, chesscube, chesspark, chesshotel, owl21, chess.com, playchess, ICC etc. With a rating of 2400 and over 50-000 games in all, i plan to attain my first chess norm in Singapore come 2011. As soon as I embrace the titles of IM,NM and then GM, i will start touring Asia (my place of birth) . This is no walk in the park as the competition is fierce. This is where I have spent most of my time this year and I do not regret it one bit.

So if you have an interest that YOU find more important than the HSC, you should do nothing but follow your ambitions. In the end, it may just work out for you.
This is so full of fail if it's serious, aside from the obvious reasons. Computing technology is advancing so fast that all the 'logic' in chess is being figured out. Pretty soon the best set of moves will be found and the game of chess will be destroyed.

A computer beat the world champion a couple years ago. End of story.

Also, I would like a free beer..

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
i will get mystery marks, i used a friend's student number and he used mine hahahahhaha
we're ace!

hollaholla

HSC
This is so full of fail if it's serious, aside from the obvious reasons. Computing technology is advancing so fast that all the 'logic' in chess is being figured out. Pretty soon the best set of moves will be found and the game of chess will be destroyed.

I must say this is one of the most ridiculous things one has ever said. To implement the best of moves in a 10 hour game is possible, ofcourse. But you fail to realize, for the past few years focus has remained on BLITZ and BULLET games with increments (5+1) which require you to think quick as well as make the best of moves. This is, needlessly said, very difficult as different individuals make use of completely different openings. A computer beat the world champion a couple of years ago, yes, but in return the world champion has also beaten the computer a number of times. The game of chess will not be 'destroyed', competition is getting even more fierce with the rise of the young grandmasters at the ages of 10, 11 and 12.

Gunner4lyfe

HSC

Don't dis the game just because you can't play it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)