Mystery hair mess (1 Viewer)

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
The other morning, I washed my hair and afterwards the hair around my part had gone stiff, clumpy and greasy looking, like if you leave some conditioner in it. I assumed this was what happened, so I washed it again that night quite thorougly and made sure everything was rinsed out.

It was still there the next day. Last night I shampooed the area a few times, combed it through and even as I did so, I could feel the stuff, or whatever it is, still there. I blowdried it in case leaving it wet was doing it. It's just not coming out.
Today, it looks like I haven't washed my hair for weeks.
Never had this problem before, and the rest of the hair about 5cm from the part is fine. Nothing I can think of could plausibly have caused it - nothing has changed to explain it.

I have very fine, soft, dark hair, not dyed and never bleached, that falls to around halfway down my neck.

Any idea of what might have happened, and any suggestions of what I could do? I'm getting a little desperate.

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
how often do you wash your hair? sometimes if you do it to often your hair will try to replace the natural oils removed when washed very quickly which inturn can create very oily hair. if not, i have more

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I've washed it every second day for years and never had a problem, and it just appeared out of nowhere one day. I thought that too, but then you'd think it would at least be removed by the shampoo before coming back... :\ Shampoo's not doing anything, though.

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
heh. sometimes it can just happen. some people call it a bad hair day, you use conditioner? shampoo strips the hair clean, and then conditioner replaces the hair with fat so that it is smooth and shiny, on some occasions build ups can occur, and old fat may not be removed properly, thus causing 'a bad hair day' where the hair will be too dry, or too oily or hard. when you try extra hard to get rid of it sometimes it causes more of the problem. i think it should go away, how long have you had it?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
have you tried a clarifying shampoo? you can use this once a month or so to get rid of build up on the hair. ive heard rubbing bicarb soda into damp hair also works to deep cleanse.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Thanks for the tips, guys. It's nearly gone away completely on its own after around a week (a whole week!), but I'll pick up some clarifying shampoo and try that to see if it gets rid of the last of it.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Rebekkie said:
or even try that dry shampoo/dry conditioner that you can just comb through when needed.
Where do you get that stuff/what brand?

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
Klorane - priceline
it's like 14 bux i think

Bumbleandbumble also have one but i assume it'd be heaps more expensive

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
target has it.. it was in this weeks catalogue (catalogue released today)
on special for 11 something i think

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Checked to see if the vogue forums had threads on this (and yes, they certainly did) so chose Batiste in the end. It was also cheaper (now, apparently) but I'll see how it goes and then try Klorane. I looked for this sort've stuff ages ago and couldn't find *sigh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)