Mycenaean Society Text Book? (1 Viewer)

polejam

HSC
God, is it just me, or are class notes next to impossible to make study notes from? I don't know how you guys study, but I need something that is nicely set out, so all I have to do is make points to remember from.

I used a maquarie revision guide to make my study notes on the core study (pompeii/herc.) and my personality (akhenaten). For some reason my time period wasn't in the maquarie guide, so I used antiquity 2 to do my historical time period (amenhotep III - ramesses II) notes.

Now, i'm stuck on doing my ancient society notes. I am doing 'bronze age - mycenaean society' and it's not in antiquity 2 or the maquarie guide. I have no idea where I am going to summarise information on this, anyone know of any text books I could use, because I just can't use class notes, I need something which is already set out nicely, so all I have to do is summarise into points I will remember.

Thanks for any help.

- matt

atreus

HSC
i had the same problem, although i was able to use my class notes to study with. the problem with mycenae is that it's one of the least popular societies, but it is apparently one of the easiest, especially after they changed the syllabus.

there is an old textbook though, thats more structured to the old syllabus, but u should find most of the new points in this textbook. it's written by lawless and its called "societies from the past". as i said, u should find most things, but syllabus points like 'art' aren't specifically dealt with- u kind of have to look at the whole mycenaean section to get a good idea.

but, i wouldnt encourage u to just find a textbook and make notes from that, because the structure is usually different to the syllabus and would usually include a lot of irrelevant stuff. u should look at each individual dot point and then u might end up using one book for geographical context, one for religion, a website for technology, etc.

but if it's lots of sources that u want, this book has got a pretty wide range. from memory, the textbook is really good for trade, religion and geographical context, but it does cover all basic areas.

^bindy^

HSC
hi, im not doing myceaneans but i am doing bronze age minoans and with our text book half is on minoans and half on myceaneans
its called the minoans and myceaneans and is by Gae Callendar
hope it helps you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)