• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

my UNSW (1 Viewer)

Dwight

HSC
Hey guys, this might sound pretty stupid, but there's a tutorial I really want to enrol in as it's perfect for my timetable, but for some reason when I do the whole drop/swap thing in myUNSW, it doesn't display all the available classes/times for me, even though in the handbook it definitely says the class is Open. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Dwight

HSC
It currently has 24/25 spots filled...but I'm not sure what you mean. There are other classes with 24/25 but I can still select them in myUNSW. This has happened a fair few times with other courses...grrr

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
That happened with me for chemistry. I dropped it, and reenrolled in chem and I got my choice (which was nowhere close to full either). You might want to try that if you haven't already.

Dwight

HSC
Lol I've done that, but learning of your success gives me new hope...I'm going to try again and again

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
The timetable is not updated every minute... The last update could be 20 hours ago and that 1 spot may have already been taken.

Dwight

HSC
That's true but I already tried enrolling into this class 24 hours ago (when the class was 23/25), and the latest update was this morning at 1:30

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Well, I emailed the faculty when I had a problem like that, so you might wanna try that. Best hurry though.

Dwight

HSC
I emailed the IT helpdesk, if worse comes to worse, I guess I'll just take another tutorial, either way my timetable will be pretty good I guess. 3 days a week :D

ace

is retired
HSC
You have to remember udpates do not reflect real time

So even if a class was open 1 minute ago, it may alreadly be full.

Better luck next time, and keep your eyes on the timeslot, someone might drop, you never know.

gman03

HSC
Dwight said:
I emailed the IT helpdesk
Last time I emailed the helpdesk saying if I can do something on myUNSW without contact my program authority every time, they told me to contact the program authority to rectify the matter...

pos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)