my UAI ? (1 Viewer)

vmoore

HSC
I'm really paranoid about my uai and i just want some input. I go to an ok.. but rather dodgy school (around 60-50ish) and these are my ranks. (if this helps i think this year is much better than others and we will prob be around 50th rather than 60-70th)

But..

English Adv: 6/113
Eng ext 1: 5/34
Maths ext 1: 8/45
Maths ext 2: 7/13
Economics: 1/39
Chemistry: 8/37

I also did business studies last year and got 94.

I realllllyyyyy want to get into veterinary science (which last year was 98.3) and if i dont get in ill pretty much well... dont know wat ill do with myself.

Is this looking good... i mean i think i have improved since trials and i think my english adv and ext should be a little higher and defs ext1 maths (skrewed up trial).

is 98.5 + uai possible ???

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
vmoore said:
I'm really paranoid about my uai and i just want some input. I go to an ok.. but rather dodgy school (around 60-50ish) and these are my ranks. (if this helps i think this year is much better than others and we will prob be around 50th rather than 60-70th)

But..

I realllllyyyyy want to get into veterinary science (which last year was 98.3) and if i dont get in ill pretty much well... dont know wat ill do with myself.

Is this looking good... i mean i think i have improved since trials and i think my english adv and ext should be a little higher and defs ext1 maths (skrewed up trial).

Definitely. Do really well in your externals, and you'll be fine :).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
vmoore said:

But..

I reckon you will get about Band 6 in MX1, Economics and English (Advanced). Considering your great result in Business Studies last year, with that combination of results, you are definitely looking at 98.5+ UAI.

Nothing to worry about, mate. But moderate nailing of HSC will further enhance the chance of 98.5+ UAI, especially in English Extension 1 where you are probably at the mid-way between high Band 5 or low Band 6. (I mean E4 or E3)

ASNSWR127

HSC
hey can someone do mine as well?

Lithgow High school (dunno what it is ranked)

80 for Adv english 13/40
98 Mod hist 1/25
72 for physics 7/13
68 for General (dumb) maths 33/75
40 Chemistry 12/19

I have absolutely no idea how to work this stupid SAM thing and it would be a great help to post an estimate (or at the very least whether you think I would get over 65.00?)

need 65.00 for BNurs at CSU

school ranked 356th (grrr)

vmoore

HSC
i put thoes marks into SAM and it comes up with 66.45
obviously gets you into wat you need.

however i think it is very hard to get 98 for mod history... but i also think you can get higher for chem (up to 60) and higher for gen maths.

so i said mod hist at 94, chem at 60 and gen maths at 75 and you get 77.45

id say concentrate on chem and maths cos you can easily gain 10 marks in each where as hist you might only fall 2 or 3.. better uai

ASNSWR127

HSC
vmoore said:
i put thoes marks into SAM and it comes up with 66.45
obviously gets you into wat you need.

however i think it is very hard to get 98 for mod history... but i also think you can get higher for chem (up to 60) and higher for gen maths.

so i said mod hist at 94, chem at 60 and gen maths at 75 and you get 77.45

id say concentrate on chem and maths cos you can easily gain 10 marks in each where as hist you might only fall 2 or 3.. better uai
These were my trial marks that I told you BTW

Thanks for doing that for me I wasn't certain how to align the marks etc.

So I will do some study for Chem and I should be Ok with room to spare : )

I have never studies for an exam but am well read generally in history so that saves me.

Looking forward to winging it mostly however LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)