My UAI Prediction (1 Viewer)

prinzmatt2007

HSC
Hey guys, long time listener...first time caller :)

I am just wondering if it is possible to get a decent UAI. I am aiming for around an 80 UAI and as low as 60 UAI. My ranks are as follows

Adv English = 6/22
Gen. Maths = 2/60
Business Studies = 6/41
Legal Studies = 2/23
Modern History = 1/43
Ext History = 2/7

I am not sure too much on the percentages and the ranks may change a little because i havnt got my trial marks back. The problem is i go to a school that isnt exactly good. I heard from somebody my school was 4th lowest in the state though it wasn't proven but the highest UAI last year in the school was only 83 and I am hopeing for mid 80's. Last year did have only a small handfull (about 10) people who actually wanted a decent UAI in a year of about 100 people.

My year has about the same number but there are about 50 or 60 people that actually have merit to obtain a decent UAI, but HOW important is the school rank ? Do I stand a chance ? :mad1:

Thanks in advance for any help :wave::wave:

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
school rank does make a BIG differnce ( from the people ive known and what they eventually got for their UAI).
somone i know last year got 90s 4 bio and 88 for business and in the late 70s for gen maths and eng and they were comming top average rank howevre they got stuck with a UAI of in the 60s.. school does make a big differnce ( i dont think the school came top 50-100 thats for sure)
the only way you can beat this is by comming 1st in your subjects aka get a good 90 in mod history and hopfully you should get a mark you will like

prinzmatt2007

HSC
sounds bad. ive got very smart people in my year though which is the only reason that im not first in more subjects because i usually hit marks of 80's and 90's. But if I hit high band 5's and low 6's in HSC is it possible to still get a decent UAI ?

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
very likely becasue getting marks og late 80s and 90s will reduce the effects of scaling ensuring you still have high marks and thus getting a UAI for 80s

zbzb51

HSC
Hey guys!!!

This is my first post too.

Just wondering if somebody can give me a uai prediction. I'm just freaking out now because despite doing well the whole year, i didn't do as well in the trials as i had hoped. Is it still possible to get a 90+ UAI with my rankings, my school is ranked about 100th in the state with around 12 out of 75 or 80 people getting a of 90+ UAI each year. Thanx.:)

Economics: 1/7
Maths (2 unit): 8/25
Biology: 1/11
IPT: 3/8
Adv English: 10/50

Last edited:

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
zbzb51 said:
Hey guys!!!

This is my first post too.

Just wondering if somebody can give me a uai prediction. I'm just freaking out now because despite doing well the whole year, i didn't do as well in the trials as i had hoped. Is it still possible to get a 90+ UAI with my rankings, my school is ranked about 100th in the state with around 12 out of 75 or 80 people getting a of 90+ UAI each year. Thanx.:)

Economics: 1/7
Maths (2 unit): 8/25
Biology: 1/11
IPT: 3/8
Adv English: 10/50
unfortunatley ive always regareded IPT as a low scalers so try to get a good mark in the hsc exam to help balance it out
everything else seems pretty average and its good that some people get 90s for their UAI it will help pull up the marks of others although if a majority of your cohort gets bellow average marks then your in trouble. your ranks seems good enough and as long as you get 90s fro most of your subjects (maths 2U bio and economic) you will probably get a 90 as well - althought dont take my comments as fact - ive just been critically observing the hsc and UAI for the past few years so i have a rough idea how it works....im not sure how bad a school rank will affect your UAI since my school seems to be comming top 20 all the time so i havnt seen its effects....

benilic

HSC
just out of interest how do any of you know where your school is considered amongst the rest in the state? I go to the only HSC school in canberra and we have about 35% (year group of 160odd) of the boys get over 90 for their UAI in most years. where would this put us amongst it all?

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)