My subjects for year 11+12 (1 Viewer)

flaminwaffle

HSC
Im in year 10 right now and i was wondering if it would be hard for me to get a uai of approx 98.5 with these subjects due to scaling, aligning and whatnot (yea, i dont know what im talking about :p), which is why i need your help.

My subject choices are:
3u maths
advanced english
software design and development
biology
chemistry
physics

This is because everyone who seems to have gotten a high UAI has done like, 4u maths (may consider it), economics, a language and subjects like that! So yeah, is this an overall good subject selection?

Thanks

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
don't worry about subject scaling, just pick subjects you like.

once again, dont worry about scaling.

diametric

HSC
-_-

Most subjects will get you a high UAI, as long as YOU (not the scaling or aligning crap) can score a band 6.

Question answered?
(And, yes, those subjects will get you 99.9+ if you rock the ace out of 'em).

PrettyVacant

HSC
Don't bother picking subjects because you think they'll give you a good UAI. If you do shit in them, it won't matter. People have done "high-scaling" subjects and like 50 UAI. People have done "low-scaling" subjects and gotten 100. It's all about effort, how well you do/like the subject...not how well it scales or how "everyone who gets 100 UAI seems to do that subject". Not true.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Your subjects are fine. Scaling gives both positve and negatives results, so just ace all of your subjects and you'll be fine. :)

flaminwaffle said:
This is because everyone who seems to have gotten a high UAI has done like, 4u maths (may consider it), economics, a language and subjects like that!
You don't know enough people.

powerdrive

HSC
Yeh just ace your subjects and you'll be alrite. The subjects dont matter much anyway, last year in our school a girl did all humanities subjects (no science) and duxed with 99.85. 3u, chem and physics scale pretty good anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)