• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

My Story (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by j-belle
Fruits isn't indicative of how Japanese normally dress, although most girls will have one piece like in the exhibition in their wardrobe - made by themselves in high school (Fruits is pretty cool - you can see them in UNSW bookshop :) ). So firstly, do you want to dress the way the fruits girls do? Or how the average Japanese girl dresses to go out?
a bit of both :)

are there like Japanese versions of Dolly and Cosmo that I can buy from Kinokinuya?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Korean gals and chinese gals are quite awesome as well :)

most of my jap classes are full of koreans and chinese, in fact my tutorial is just those two, and it sucks im the only one not talking :)

JSG = Japanese School Girls :D

edit:

and im not too sure im going to have a look at what macq is offering :)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Around 1 year and 2 months :)
i got a question:

how long have you studied english? coz ur ingles seem so natural...

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Frigid

nope, not really... i actually haven't met many korean or japanese girls at uni yet... uts is mainly chinese i think?
I guess so. It's just that I've never come across a person who can distinguish between Korean and Japanese girls.. my Japanese + Korean friends and I often get it wrong.. it's pretty easy to tell a Chinese from a K or J though..

Originally posted by Lexicographer
I have a whole book full of Ganguro Girls.
Why do you have that book?

Originally posted by babydoll_
a bit of both :)
Well, how good are you at basic dress making? Most Fruits pieces are home-made..

are there like Japanese versions of Dolly and Cosmo that I can buy from Kinokinuya?
I don't really go to Kinokinuya much so I don't know (they sell the sort of thing that I can get normally from Japan, but mark it up with ridiculous prices). If I wanted to read the Japanese versions of Dolly or Cosmo, I'd go to C3, which is a Japanese place 10 minutes walk from UNSW, which has a HUGE library of Japanese magazines, books etc.. they definitely have those mags you're referring to.

Originally posted by AsyLum
JSG = Japanese School Girls :D
Where do you use that abbreviation for? Like, when do you need it? Seems strange!

i got a question:

how long have you studied english? coz ur ingles seem so natural...
I studied it in high school a bit (which is normal), but I did a lot more outside of high school time, trying to familiarise myself with western expressions etc.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
JSG :)

when describing one man's fantasy hahaha

i dunno it just got invented rather than saying the longer version when we were discussing stereotypes which were desirable :)

i can kinda pick j from k but it is hard and most of the time im wrong :)

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC

there's a magazine called "Nonno" which is for girls and then there's the rare "Nonno for guys"

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
j-belle, where's the best jap food in sydney?

how long is your med/psych degree and, will it be accredited if you go back japan?

j-belle

HSC
N/A
JSG :)

when describing one man's fantasy hahaha

i dunno it just got invented rather than saying the longer version when we were discussing stereotypes which were desirable :)
hehe.. you know, most Korean and Japanese girls I know actually brought their school uniform with them when they came here!

i can kinda pick j from k but it is hard and most of the time im wrong :)
My point exactly!

j-belle, where's the best jap food in sydney?
I'm really loving Ramen Genki at the moment, which is next to Atarmon station. Not the classiest location, but it really puts the other Japanese restaurants found in the city to shame.
If you like sushi trains, try the one at Bondi Beach, next to the Swiss Grande, they'll do custom dishes if you ask :)

how long is your med/psych degree and, will it be accredited if you go back japan?
The degree will take 4 years now, because the catch was that I could only study both med & psych for one year, make my decision, and then go from there. I chose the B.Psych, and so the degree will take 4 years (but overall, longer, because I have plans for either UNSW Masters or USyd DCP).

The psych and the med will be accredited back in Japan, just not directly. I've discussed this a fair bit with Osaka and Tokyo, and of course I can't just fly back there and start practicing (in either of the fields). They are a lot more lenient seeing as though I am a Japanese resident and grew up there, but I'll still have to take a course which will range from either 6 months - 1 year, based on their assessment of my skills. But whether I will go back to Japan to live is another story..

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Well, how good are you at basic dress making? Most Fruits pieces are home-made..

I don't really go to Kinokinuya much so I don't know (they sell the sort of thing that I can get normally from Japan, but mark it up with ridiculous prices). If I wanted to read the Japanese versions of Dolly or Cosmo, I'd go to C3, which is a Japanese place 10 minutes walk from UNSW, which has a HUGE library of Japanese magazines, books etc.. they definitely have those mags you're referring to.
oooh!!! i get discounts from there with my HKSS card! but i dunno where it is =/
Originally posted by frodo
there's a magazine called "Nonno" which is for girls and then there's the rare "Nonno for guys"
can i get that at this c3 place?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
oh yeah, and if i was looking for genuine japanese clothing in sydney where should i go

Eeko

Banned
omg i didn't Jap chicks get that much tan....

that's not very cool at all

and who's that in ur avatar j-belle?

j-belle

HSC
N/A
oooh!!! i get discounts from there with my HKSS card! but i dunno where it is =/
It's on Anzac Pde! The buses that stop out front the uni usually also keep going past C3.

can i get that at this c3 place?
Yep you can get Nonno there, and lots more..

oh yeah, and if i was looking for genuine japanese clothing in sydney where should i go
Ok, well I wasn't aware that there was any genuine japanese clothing stores in Sydney (I think maybe there's one in Market City?). Create your own Japanese-inspired style - after all, Japanese fashion is essentially the fusion of western and asian fashion, and then hyped up a little.. look up some current J fashion and emulate! Since I don't get clothes sent over from relatives in Japan very often, so that's what I do :)

Originally posted by Eeko
omg i didn't Jap chicks get that much tan....

that's not very cool at all
Yeh I think it looks pretty unhealthy + gross.

Originally posted by Eeko
and who's that in ur avatar j-belle?
I believe her name is Francine or something.. she's half Filipino, half Chinese. Can't remember where I got it from.. haven't been bothered to change it yet :p

is a roflcopter
HSC
canihaveyournumber?

m..m..my name is John :blush:

Eeko

Banned

I believe her name is Francine or something.. she's half Filipino, half Chinese. Can't remember where I got it from.. haven't been bothered to change it yet :p

she's got a decent nose job

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
But whether I will go back to Japan to live is another story..
do stay :shy:

i wholeheartedly concur with john's and eeko's requests. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)