My School doesn't do half yearlies, how worried should I be? (1 Viewer)

Rohanco

HSC
I know It won't make that much difference towards my ATAR if I maintain good marks in all assessments. + It also is unfair as it creates a bias leaning towards the students who perform at their best during assessments, who may not necessarily be that great at Exam style stuff. At the end of the Day the HSC exams are the most important event of the year, and I'm concerned that not having done any half yearlies isn't going to give me adequate HSC prep/training.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I know It won't make that much difference towards my ATAR if I maintain good marks in all assessments. + It also is unfair as it creates a bias leaning towards the students who perform at their best during assessments, who may not necessarily be that great at Exam style stuff. At the end of the Day the HSC exams are the most important event of the year, and I'm concerned that not having done any half yearlies isn't going to give me adequate HSC prep/training.
Do timed past papers, they will prepare to adequately.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I haven't set a half-yearly exam for my students for years and it hasn't caused them any concerns. Many of the subjects at my school don't do half-yearlies either.

Timed exams and individual questions are excellent practice.

HSC
What the...? I don't know any school that doesn't have Half Yearly Exams. How would it adequately prepare people at your school for trials/yearlys if your not having exams! You need to learn from mistakes from Exams NOW rather then later so I don't understand why your school would do this. And your right, I think it is also biased and unfair for the people who do better in exams rather then assignments and as you said, at the end of the day the HSC Exams are the most important.

c_mario96

HSC
Don't worry bro, you'll do fine. My school doesn't do half yearlies either. Just make sure you do timed practice papers, know all your content and be ready. You'll do fine, trust me shah

Rohanco

HSC
I haven't set a half-yearly exam for my students for years and it hasn't caused them any concerns. Many of the subjects at my school don't do half-yearlies either.

Timed exams and individual questions are excellent practice.
Oh Okay, Thanks for letting me know. Judging by your answer i'm assuming you teach english? Which school do you teach at, if you don't mind?

Rohanco

HSC
Don't worry bro, you'll do fine. My school doesn't do half yearlies either. Just make sure you do timed practice papers, know all your content and be ready. You'll do fine, trust me shah
Thanks man. What school are you at?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)