My plan? (1 Viewer)

superkurtas

HSC
Hey guys, i dont know if this is the right section for this to be posted in, and if it isnt feel free to move it.
Basically i just wanna know if how ive planned to handle my HSC and prelim is a good idea or a bad idea.

First off, i wanted to do the IT VET course at my school, but there wasnt enough interest, so they suggested i do IPT at TAFE outside of school as a cop out. This means i will have done the HSC for that subject by the end of the year.
For year 12 im planning on dropping one of my subjects (economics). This will leave me with Extension english, 2 unit maths, bio and chem. As far as i can tell only doing 9 subjects would not be a smart move because i lose any cover units incase i bomb a subject for the HSC.
To cover this i was thinking i would try to take up the IT VET course at TAFE next year when i have more free time on my hands both to give me some extra units and to give me what i was going for origionally.

Now this seems fine to me, but i just figured id run this by people who actually know stuff about this kind of thing as im pretty clueless on the subject.

Thanks for any help or ideas or advice or anything!:)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Your HSC is 1998.
You're old enough to be my math teacher.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
.. wow, that is old. Most of the teachers in my school I don't think are even close to that age. ahah ..

Kujah

HSC
N/A
My oldest teacher's 63. He's a history teacher :)

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
.. wow, that is old. Most of the teachers in my school I don't think are even close to that age. ahah ..
Okay, maybe it was a slight exaggeration, but she'd have to be at least late 50s.
The only teachers that we get who are straight out of university come from the Lutheran Seminary. So they're all weirdly religious and not exactly the best teacher we could have possibly had. So I guess it even's out.

superkurtas

HSC
So i put clicked the wrong year (stupid i know) and ive fixed it.
Can i get some help now please?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
So you're basically asking if it'd be worth it if you ran with 10 units including IT VET next year?

It's up to you. If you're not enjoying Economics at the moment, then drop it at the end of YEar 11. It'll allow you to focus on all the units that you're studying and will be counted towards the final result. You'll have more time to study (up to you :) ) for your subjects.

However, if you do poor in one subject, it may severly affect your final result.

Up to you

PS: Is IT VET a BOS endorsed course? I mean, will it count towards your UAI?

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Yeah I agree with Kujah. I mean it's really your decision and it depends on how your going in school.

Plus for you to be able to do 9 units in school and do IT VET, IT VET must be a Board Developed Course which I don't think it is - but then again I think I'm wrong. But yeah .. I mean its soley up to you.

But well if your able to get a UAI with those subjects, I think you've pretty much planned everything out. =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)