my parents don't trust my bf... (1 Viewer)

aimstar555

HSC
ok i have REALLY overprotective parents that can't seem to trust my bf. it's bin goin on 2 a while but now it's starting to tear me and my man apart and i feel like i'm bein forced to chose between them. i'm 18 now and they trust me, but cause they can't trust him, i feel like it's affecting me.. HELP!! it's driving my insane! peace out :)

Skeeta

HSC
whats their reasoning for not trusting him.. is it a sex thing, or a playa thing or hes a drug dealing mafia dude thing.

or a too good to be true thing..

aimstar555

HSC
he turns 18 next month. we've bin goin out 4 over a year. it's just that my parent's will say "it's your decision" but try and persuade me to make a decision that THEY will be happy with....it really s*#@) me. it gets him really angry and i feel it's a battle between my parents and my own bf.

yeah it's a sex thing, he smokes/drinks abit, and yeah there worried that it's too serious...all the things an overprotective parent fears

rockstar01

HSC
Yeah i had the same situation except i was the guy. What you have to do is organise things where your parents will see both of you together e.g. dinners , bbq's.
Till they get to know him on a personal level.
Or maybe they have good reason not to trust him? parents allways try to do what's best for their kids

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
meh smoker...Jerk...i wouldnt let my daughter out with a smoker.

Skeeta

HSC
Ive been w/ my b/f 4 nearly 3 yrs now. Hes a "good boy" he drinks alot when we go out but hes a sportsman so my parents know hes not a drug dealer or smoker or anything

i think what made it work is that my P's are fairly laid back. I think they would rather me being in a serious relationship than getting screwed over by a heap of guys.

ROckstar's right,. Theyve gotta get to know him better before making that decision. If they know him already - then ur up the creek.

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
this reminds me about a relationship i was in........
i had to pick up the girl from her house.....
she wanted me to meet her parents......
mind u first date......
had a bad feeling seeming that im azn and we do get stereotyped abit (no offence to anyone).
anyways all went out fine..
met her father and mother and showed them my license (fell for the good ol father trying to look tough by saying do u got a license... it was a joke but i showed them anyways.)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
aimstar555 said:
ok i have REALLY overprotective parents that can't seem to trust my bf. it's bin goin on 2 a while but now it's starting to tear me and my man apart and i feel like i'm bein forced to chose between them. i'm 18 now and they trust me, but cause they can't trust him, i feel like it's affecting me.. HELP!! it's driving my insane! peace out :)
Try and look at it from their point of view.

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
confront your parents, tell them u really like this guyand tat he is a good person and all tat kind of stuff.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
What I would personally do in this situation is deliver my parents an ultimatum, explaining to them that they can either be involved when you feel ready to have them involved, or they can keep pushing and you won't tell them anything.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
as a guy.. smile .. approach ..and look responsible.. (btw do not crack a sex joke with her dad.. or he will kill u.. rofl.. )
i prefer when parents trust me.. and i try to bring their daughter back in one piece .. :p
just

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
aimstar555 said:
There is only one solution that your parents will accept.

Sterilisation.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
My parents are also over protective. Just do what you want I reckon, they have to let go eventually because its your life and not theirs.

Greenwood

Banned
HSC
bahaha my parents wouldnt accept a girl who didnt introduce her parents and had a job and drove some sort of expensive vehicle. after all i have to 'uphold family honour'

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Get your boyfriend to seduce your mum. That'll clear the tension.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i dont think so...especially the father of the gf..if that makes sense.
you cant expect them to trust any boy with daddy's lil girl lol

jezmarelda

HSC
aimstar555 said:

hey me too ... that must suck. my parents are very asian and so damn conservative ... is it just because they are conservative do you think? im sure you can keep both ur parents and boyfriend. i lie alot to my parents.

its not the best advice at all, but its a temporary solution if you want both ur parents and ur loverboy.

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
my friends parents are asian
but they are ok..the first night they met her boyfriend they let him sleep over
in another room etc
but yeah..i have heaps of asian friends whos parents are really laid back
so i dont see the whole strict conservative side of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)