My Mother and her Alcoholism (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
S M i L E said:
she would always hold it against me. I know she would. She is the kind of person who will bring up things i did as a young child even to this day (even though i didn't know what i was doing).

I think in the end (in time) she would frogive you. Because if her children were temporarily taken away from her and she had time to sober up and get help, she would eventually be abel to look back on what she did and then she would possibly be thankful that you helped her through it.

thats just my opinion, but really I thin kthat you should give DOCs a call, ebven if just fro your brothers sake and say shes doing it to them...if you dont want to go. they're only young and dont deserve this, neither do you. Or at least call the kids help line, because the call is free and anonymous and doesnt even appear on the phone bill.

I hope this helps.

P.S. you can also chat to a kids helpline councellor online and just delete the log afterwards. Then youd never have to worry if she overheard a conversation.
Goodluck and chin up.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
10 beers a day? woah thats impressive, i mean i could do it but for a woman and all...

i got some family that live in inisvail aswell, so if shit gets hectic i could get you in contact with them....well iam like a complete stranger so its kind of an empty offer but the support is there if you need it.

S M i L E

HSC
hey there...

I am making some 'me' time... tonight i am going out with my sister, and i will be taking my lil brothers out next week to the pool or something... been heading out of the house more and its aot more bearable. Things seem to escalate here when there is something wrong between her and her bf (he is in the army). I can't talk to him about it because she is already paranoid about me trying to steal him from her (which is kinda gross).

Thanks for all ur help though

aerial_cowboy

HSC
I know exactly how u feel im in almost the exact same situation as ur self except my parents are still together the only thing is my dad is also a bit of an alcoholic so he wont do anything about my mum. we have tried everything even had the cops come and still nothing worked all i can suggest to u is avoid her when she gets drunk i know its hard but try goin to ur local library to study and stuff just steer clear until she passes out thats what i try and do
and i really do know wat ur goin through my mums being like this since before i was born! yeah but really the only thing u can do is avoid her i know they will never get help no matter wat u say to them feel free to contact me if u wanna talk somemore hang in there!!!

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
I myself have the same problem in my family. My father is a real bad alcoholic. When he is sober he very stressed, very money conscious, always negative and angry at everyone. Every night he will drink a bottle of wine at home while watching TV, then will head down to the local club and drink about another 3 bottles or so. This has happened for many years now every single day. My family have tried to get him help on numerous occasions but he can never admit he has a problem. He also drives to and from the club intoxicated every night and has already lost his licence for a year a few years back and still continues to do it. He always acts as if he's right and when he isn't he will still try and act as if he is.

He has abused both me, both my older sisters (24 - twins) and my mother. It has made one of my sisters move out of home and my other sister wants to but is not financially stable enough to do so. I have been physically and verbally abused by him with death threats. He has also come home drunk while I have gone out and he has turned my room inside out by flipping my beds and tipping all the stuff in my drawers all over the floor. He also makes out whatever choices we choose to make with our lives are wrong and what he does we should do also.

I have spoken to my mother about divorcing him but she won't do it because of the fact that she is too kind and nice to do such a thing yet she is sick of him. I don't understand my family, my mother and father are two completely opposite people yet they let all these problems continue. I wish I could move out but I am still studying at TAFE and don't have the money to do so.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Alcoholism is a strange beast..

sounds like a difficult life.. is the mother coping with work? looking after you?

sadly... there is very lil to be done unless she is abusive (emotional, physical or sexual) or realises that it's affecting her daily life..

withdrawal from alcohol is actualli very ugly.. but abstainance is realli one of the only ways.. and u can get a couple of other medications to help prevent relapse

she needs to probably seek counselling for her past problems with the husband.. and maybe that will lead into a chance to fix the problems..

alcoholism to me is her symptom.. there appears to be more deeper psychological problems.

perhaps see a GP .. if she ever injures herself while drinking.. or is very depressed .. or cant sleep ... usually its a good way for her to present

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)