my major work! (1 Viewer)

The Rev. Ian

heeeeeeeeelp! i havent even started yr12 yet but im already STRESSIN ABout my major work!!!! what shud i do?

Huy

HSC
N/A
You'll do it all in the last few days, before the date of submission.

Take it easy for the next year :D :)
(hey, it's true...)

you'll hand up a proposal
the hardest thing would be your viva voce, so make sure you can crap on about what research you've done, what your plan of attack is, and so on.

then you'll spend long nights typing up whatever it is you're doing (major work medium) and go through the reflection statement, after which you'll fake a major work journal in a few days :p :p

Jinglebell

HSC
well huy, i think you pretty much summed it up:D

Ian, if you're stressing now i can only imagine the violence and attempted suicides of the weekend before the due date.

Honestly, most of us spent most of the year comparing how little work we'd done and wittily personifying our journals (ah, the memories...).

If you're that worried, though, get a journal and start writing about what you wanna do and how you're going to go about doing it. Think about your medium, or choose one if you haven't already. If you know what you're doing, start researching and don't be afraid to change concepts because you find something better.

Or you could just learn some stress management techniques, which it seems like you might need if you're going to make it through year 12:)

Saul

*ss
HSC
fuck viva voce was horrible... one question i got asked: "how has writing your major work changed you as a person?"

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by Saul
"how has writing your major work changed you as a person?"
"Writing my major work has taught me to crap on even more effectively than i thought was previously possible. In fact, I have impressed myself so much with my extended crapping on that I have decided to go into politics, where crap is elevated into an artform":p

Huy

HSC
N/A
LOL, what Jinglebell said! :p :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
If you are stressing now, don't take this subject!!!

Seriously, there is no need to stress yet... starting yr 12 and all may seem scary, but you will be right, just work and you have already beaten most of the state!!! If you stress out you won't be able to come up with a good concept, so stay calm and try to think about something that you really want to do for your MW. Good luck!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Oh yeah, and Jingle and Huy are right...

Extension 2 English= crapping on!!! You will improve your crapping on skills so much in the next year. The internal assessment only consists of crapping on... and on.... and on!

Saul

*ss
HSC
nah its not, you can pull it off in the last month if you got your ideas down.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Saul
nah its not, you can pull it off in the last month if you got your ideas down.

hahha saul now come on...give yourself some credit....this course can be done in the last week

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm sure one could actually do it in the last 24 hours if they tried hard enough!

This course actually isn't THAT tough, because you get to write about whatever you want, not like the other englishes where you are stuck writing essays on Change *puke*... I actually enjoyed it...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I'm sure one could actually do it in the last 24 hours if they tried hard enough!
LOL... I would have to give it 36-48 hours, there's no way you can do "all of it" in 24 hours.

* Major Work (MW)
* Reflection Statement (RS)
* Major Work Journal

It's not impossible, but it's unlikely that you can go from 0 to 100% in less than, or equal to, 24 hours (you'll be needing lots of coffee, I'll give you that much) :) ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hahha coffee or a some other form of stimulant....

suggestions include the AsyLum signature Ext II Fix :D

picaresque

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
the hardest thing would be your viva voce
I'm curious what makes the viva voce so difficult? Is it because the teachers can tell that you're lying your ass off about the supposed work you've done, or because they ask probing and tangential questions that leave you baffled - then marking you down for your lack of preparation/elocution?

(er...I was a lot less stressed before I visited this forum - denial is a wonder drug.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)