my life story...'the wait' (1 Viewer)

_love.me.not_

HSC
ok ill just lay out my situation for you...

boy(me), likes girl, girl likes boy...
boy and girl live within 1 minute walk of each other, however, boy and girl are both studying the HSC at the moment, and girls parents would like her to focus herself on her learning, ie the upcoming hsc, which ends in lyk 70 days, boy and girl dont want to wait this long, they want to go out now, they're already that close that everyone thinks they are together anyway, but they want to make it happen, any advice, experience from anyone whos been thru sumthin similar...
any advice appreciated...

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Well, it could be a problem.

I've been with my boyfriend for two years. Right now, we've sort of "calmed down" from the hype you get at the beginning of a relationship. We still <3 each other to bits, but it's clear that I have to focus on my HSC for now. This is something I wasn't able to do at the beginning of the relationship. I screwed up big time in year 11 because I was blinded by my new relationship. :rolleyes:

I would say it makes no sense to break up with a partner before the HSC hoping to concentrate better. But it does make perfect sense not to begin new relationships this soon before the exams. It'll distract you too much.

Wait 70 or so days. It isn't that much. She's just another girl, after all.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
just wait. you have the rest of you life after the HSC to do whatever it is you want.

_love.me.not_

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Well, it could be a problem.

I've been with my boyfriend for two years. Right now, we've sort of "calmed down" from the hype you get at the beginning of a relationship. We still <3 each other to bits, but it's clear that I have to focus on my HSC for now. This is something I wasn't able to do at the beginning of the relationship. I screwed up big time in year 11 because I was blinded by my new relationship. :rolleyes:

I would say it makes no sense to break up with a partner before the HSC hoping to concentrate better. But it does make perfect sense not to begin new relationships this soon before the exams. It'll distract you too much.

Wait 70 or so days. It isn't that much. She's just another girl, after all.
i think you dserve your own talk show dreamerish, your queen advice on here, thanks for your thoughts, i think your right really, but the 'relationship' has already started, cos its lyk we're alreadi going out, so nothing mch will change if we actually decide to make it official, i dont lyk how u say shes just another girl tho, you shud know tht wen u are in love with someone you could never think they're just another guy/girl, apart from tht...hehe...thanks for your advice anyone else =P

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Well, it may have already started, but this is still the beginning. Trust me, love (even "like") makes you blind as a bat with no ears. :)

She may be someone you're really interested in, but it's not worth risking your HSC for someone who you've just started going out with. Sure, the HSC is not the end of your life, but it does provide you with a shortcut to whatever you want to do in uni. :)

Here are the possible outcomes:
  • You go out with her and both of you become distracted - you both end up doing not as well as you could have, and end up in regret. Eventually you break up anyway.
  • You go out with her and both of you become distracted - you both end up doing not as well as you could have, and end up in regret. However, you get married and have beautiful babies, so it was all worth it.
  • You wait until after the HSC to go out with her and both of you celebrate finishing exams with lots of lurve.
  • You wait until after the HSC to go out with her but by then, both of you don't feel like going out anymore.
Methinks, outcome 3 is ideal. Outcome 2 is unlikely, and outcome 4 might sound like a bitch now, but when (or if) you get over her, you'll look back and pfft yourself. :p

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
_love.me.not_ said:

boy and girl live within 1 minute walk of each other, however, boy and girl are both studying the HSC at the moment, and girls parents would like her to focus herself on her learning, ie the upcoming hsc, which ends in lyk 70 days, boy and girl dont want to wait this long, they want to go out now, they're already that close that everyone thinks they are together anyway, but they want to make it happen, any advice, experience from anyone whos been thru sumthin similar...
It's only 70 days. You wont die if you don't "officially" go out until then.

Also, your spelling, lyk sucks.

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
Problem seems like the boy is already too into the girl. Once you fall in luuurve, its gonna be hard to stop...but it'll be a lot better to wait 70 days. Its only 2 months, it'll be over before you know it.

_love.me.not_

HSC
thanks for everyones advice, it helps seeing what different people have to say and to get alot of different opinions to base my decisionon , but your right, we have to make the decision together and just for the record, shes the one thats really pushing for us to go out now, i wouldn't be devastated to wait the 70 or so days, but she wants to do it now, so i guess ill just have to see how it all pans out, true, hsc isnt the end of your life, and im not planning on uni anyway, we're both planning on going to tafe, so i dont need an exceptional mark, i just need my HSC, all the same, thanks to everyone who replied :)

_love.me.not_

HSC
haha, no shes not asian, and her parents wouldn't normally be like this, but i can see why they're doing it, so its fair enough, anyway, i think i'll wait, see whether she asks me out and see.

DIELMAN

HSC
obviously boy pretty much loves girl, so why wait? y not just do it, HSC isnt the be all and end all. and wats stopping u two from studying together, and helping each other out when u have stress attacks. my boyfriend and i are both sitting the HSC together and its the best thing having him around to help out. just do wat u wanna do, cause she might not stick around to wait that long, and wats stopping u from just going out, and seeing how it goes if it sucks, brake up!!!! u can always still be friends...but hey thats just wat i reckon. talk to her see how she feels bout the situation.

HSC
N/A
sounds like ur in luv with this girl so ask her out and if it doesn't work because u guys are getting 2 distracted go on a break and pick it back up after the hsc which really isn't that long.
good luck

_love.me.not_

HSC
thanks again for everyones ongoing advice and goodluck wishes, thanks alot... situation has further complicated itself, i have a reputation...and a past of doing some things im not so proud of, but someone has gone to this girls parents and told them something that 'i did'...when infact i didnt do it at all, and the parents believe the story, will not let the girl explain my side of the story, theres no talking to them and they wont say who told them, so this just means they aren't liking me very much at the moment, biigg drag...

HSC
N/A
_love.me.not_ said:

girls suck balls

leave her be

study on your hsc

let her focus on hers

have a bazillions kids after the hsc is over

^^;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)