my last 6-8 months of work in drama have gone down the drain...... help :( (1 Viewer)

xandersnape

HSC
wow ok.... this is really scary, Im the only student in my whole class who has been actively working on my IP performance since the christmas holidays. The monday after the selections close (last monday, the consecutive school day), my teacher tells me that I have to change my IP because its too similar to my Ext 2 project, even though I cleared the work with my ext 2 teacher and my previous drama teacher. My monologue is already at the stage where I can perform the entire thing in front of an audience....
What the hell am I going to do?

Brontecat

HSC
this may sound like a stupid question but have you explained this to your teacher and asked the other teachers to back this up?

xandersnape

HSC
yes..... she has spoken to people at board of studies and is saying not to even breach the subject.
Heres the differences
MY ext 2 is a play that about how little Red Riding hood has changed through time. Its basically to show the audience that the typical childish version is really bastardised.
The only link with my monolgue it has is the woods and a wolf eating her grandmother.... other than that... the story and even the themes are completly different. My monologue is an adaption of a poem that has some symbols loosely based on aspects of LRRH.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Try to distant the connection you have with LRRH. That's about all you can do if BOS considers it a breech of contract. The only other thing you could do is contact the board of studies yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)