My internet connection always get disconnected! (1 Viewer)

Scanorama

HSC
Hey all, Im using TPG ADSL and tonight i got disconnected every 2 minutes or so in the past 30 minutes, its really shitting me, so fucking annoying. Is it just my computer playing up or any others of you having the same problem lately?

fatmuscle

HSC
check out whirlpool forums to see if others have similar issues.

darksbane

Do Not Tap on Glass
HSC
wat router/modem do u have? check your routers firewall, if its on, try disabling it, im on tpg and i used to have the same problem, i thought it was them but after disabling the firewall in my router i havent had a problem. perfect connection 99% of the time with only the occasionally disconnect which was fixed by rebooting the router. so I would say most of your problems are router/modem problems.

Scanorama

HSC
I checked the Whirlpool forum and it seems im the only one have this annoying problem, its getting worse :(

darksbane: Im using D-Link 200 USB modem, I dont think it has a firewall, im using Windows XP SP 2, so the only firewall i have is the windows firewall. I also have Norton Systemworks 2005, but i dont have the Internt Security installed.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
I had a similar problem with all the disconnections
rang up my ISP,

and they suggested that the "idle timeout" on my router/modem should be increased (was at 10secs, i then put it at 120)

worked a treat

Not sure how to do it on yours but ?

darksbane

Do Not Tap on Glass
HSC
if you dont know whether or not it has a firewall built in then chances are that it does. Access your routers GUI and see if you can find any firewall related settings in it anywhere. If you can, either disable it altogether or tell it to allow all traffic to and from your IP address on any port. Either of those should fix your problem, it shouldnt be a software problem.

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
i had that usb modem untill i had to share the connection. now i have DSL 604+

200 was fine for me...no errors. the stupid 604+ has a firewall, blocking stuff from msn and stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)