My cover of One Step Closer - Youtube link. (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
not bad, but it looks like a simple song.

cover 'only ash remains - necrophagist', or any nightrage solo from their latest album :p

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
The Tone isn't right. Those Marshall MG amps are ok for dropped tunings... but not this kind of stuff. You need a decent distortion pedal (Boss MT-2 or similar... not a Behringer though) and probably need a Noise Suppressor.

Also there were quite a few times where you weren't nailing the rhythm quite on. It needs to be tighter with more controlled palm muting.

This also isn't a very good song on guitar. If you like Linkin Park, may I suggest... Place for my head, Points of Authority, Valentines Day and the little things give you away.

If you don't already know them, I'd also check out the lost prophets.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Little Things Give You Away has a sweet acoustic intro/verse... can't remember the rest of the song entirely (just chords pretty much in the verse iirc?), but LOVE playing the verse section (the C, run down to F#/G bit).

Teclis

HSC
Little Things Give You Away has a sweet acoustic intro/verse... can't remember the rest of the song entirely (just chords pretty much in the verse iirc?), but LOVE playing the verse section (the C, run down to F#/G bit).
Then the freaky cool drum bit with the Chugging guitar and the solo... then the cool triple tracked lead guitar ending

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Ah yes. The verse guitar send shivers down my spine, though, thus probably why I recall it.

IamMartin

HSC
thanks guys. yeah, my behringer isn't too good. and just the other day i was telling my friend how i needed a new amp and noise compression pedal.

but alas,

money doesn't grow on trees.

Teclis

HSC
thanks guys. yeah, my behringer isn't too good. and just the other day i was telling my friend how i needed a new amp and noise compression pedal.

but alas,

money doesn't grow on trees.
Get a job, do jobs around the house, beg... don't buy snacks when you go to the movies... whatever... learn how to save. It's how I bought my gear.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Video seems to have been pulled by WMG...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)