My chances of getting into commerce/social science at UNSW (1 Viewer)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
As the domestic fee UAI-cutoff for commerce/social science at UNSW is 88 next year, I'm wondering what my chances of getting in are if my UAI is 87.95 (I'll obviously be a full-fee paying student)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well you better pray hard. you're probably better off trying to get into mac accounting and transfering.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
My 2nd preference is economics/social science at UNSW and domestic fee cut-offs are about 80. It's a good thing too because economics and commerce are exactly the same in 1st year

Affinity

HSC
you are pushing it a bit. good luck mate.

but seriously though, it' better to go to some other university on hecs then transfer

HSC
economics and commerce are very similar first year (except if your aiming for like a business law major, you cant do that elective afaik under economics). also its easier said then done that ull thrash first year too transfer too commerce (trust me u suddenly get lazy first year)
otherwise :) good luck

dfm

HSC
mrs parkes ex eng class brother!! you know it!!

bshoc

HSC
N/A
What major/majors were you planning to do with your commerce degree? Because you can do most things that a BCom can with a BEc, and most things a BEc can with a BCom.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
bshoc said:
What major/majors were you planning to do with your commerce degree? Because you can do most things that a BCom can with a BEc, and most things a BEc can with a BCom.
Probably a double major of business law and international business/management (not entirely sure yet).

Hey Duncan Farquad Mackay. How could I forget your middle name, haha.

Conspirocy

HSC
tallkid34 said:
Probably a double major of business law and international business/management (not entirely sure yet).

Hey Duncan Farquad Mackay. How could I forget your middle name, haha.
ur going to pay to do that?

u could just do the int biz/management in arts degree instead

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Well, I'm not exactly sure yet. I'll probably need to discuss majors/minors with my father (he did commerce at UNSW). I was also interested in doing economics, accounting or finance but once again, I haven't made any resolute decisions yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)