My brother just found all of our old school games... (1 Viewer)

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
hahah where on earth is carmen sandiego was teh shiz back in yr 4/5/6...lol..oh the memeroies of computer lab playing that game on the commodores....

hey where can i still get that game??

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum....but I'm all outta gum" - Duke Nukem 3D
Ripped from a classic movie so i'll give you the original quote :) Many more at the imdb page for They Live (great movie)
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum."
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096256/quotes

How about trying to answer the questions to one of the Larrys (2 I think?) most adults wouldn't be able to get all of them if they tried today so the game maker released the answers :)

I liked the RPG on the Apple IIe, the one where you had to get the people across the river and have them survive etc, oregon trail I think it was.

I like abandonware stuff because all my old floppies have died from being in the garage :(

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
positive said:
Pfft you can still play all these games on your pc as roms

Kings quest
Police quest
Pirate
Speedball II
Dogs of war
Wizkid
Leisure suit larrys

All of them in one convient location without all the disk ejecting and stuff. I also play SNES/Sega games on my pc lol
Only Lamo's play ROM's. Real men own the carts of the originals. Playing the cart on it's actual machine turds all over emulators. Save states and the other crap they come with just serve to make games half as fun. They have a use in making games more accessable to people, such as Secret of Mana 2 being translated into English, but when I own an original and I have a choice between playing it on the console or on an emulator, the console wins anyday.

Now, excuse me while I go dry hump my SNES with my copy of Super Metroid in it.
PS: Super gameboys are the most awesome SNES accessory, ever.

equiski

HSC
banana_monkey said:
Only Lamo's play ROM's. Real men own the carts of the originals. Playing the cart on it's actual machine turds all over emulators. Save states and the other crap they come with just serve to make games half as fun. They have a use in making games more accessable to people, such as Secret of Mana 2 being translated into English, but when I own an original and I have a choice between playing it on the console or on an emulator, the console wins anyday.

Now, excuse me while I go dry hump my SNES with my copy of Super Metroid in it.
PS: Super gameboys are the most awesome SNES accessory, ever.
I must admit, I prefer to play my SNES/NES/PSX/N64/Genesis roms on my xbox as apposed to playing them on my original console. Its the best of both worlds, you get to laze around in front of the tv while you still have superior graphics and audio with save states and a wireless controller. Also, you don't have to fool around with plugging in various systems to your tv. The only problem that i see lies with the xbox's shoulder triggers, which feel rather unatural for playing oldschool games.

05er

HSC
LeftrightOut said:
Ripped from a classic movie so i'll give you the original quote :) Many more at the imdb page for They Live (great movie)
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum."
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096256/quotes

How about trying to answer the questions to one of the Larrys (2 I think?) most adults wouldn't be able to get all of them if they tried today so the game maker released the answers :)

I liked the RPG on the Apple IIe, the one where you had to get the people across the river and have them survive etc, oregon trail I think it was.

I like abandonware stuff because all my old floppies have died from being in the garage :(
Ahahah! Thanks for that! I might go rent that movie :p

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
equiski said:
I must admit, I prefer to play my SNES/NES/PSX/N64/Genesis roms on my xbox as apposed to playing them on my original console. Its the best of both worlds, you get to laze around in front of the tv while you still have superior graphics and audio with save states and a wireless controller. Also, you don't have to fool around with plugging in various systems to your tv. The only problem that i see lies with the xbox's shoulder triggers, which feel rather unatural for playing oldschool games.
Well, that is the next awesome option. Playing ROM's on the xbox is better, since like you said, you get to use the gamepad without switching carts. I've tried out gamepads on PC emulators, and they generally suck ass compared to console gamepads. 4 player Mario Kart 64 on Xbox kicks ass, I must say.
So, Chipped Xbox + Emulators = The best old school gaming experiance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)