MUST-HAVE STATIONERY!! What do you recommend? (1 Viewer)

leeam

HSC
For a first-year Bachelor of Arts. USB sticks? A laptop? Give me your ideas!
Would you use a lecture pad per subject, or just use one?

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
i'm doing b arts/b laws and from what i have read it would probably be better to use a 3-5 subject notebook for ur lectures - and maybe have a folder for each subject back at wherever u are staying. I'm thinking about using a notebook - or lecture pads and having a folder for each subject back at my room (someone suggested that on the UNE forum)

A usb key would be advisible - especially if u are going to use the uni computers.

If you dont have a laptop - it would be totally ur choice to buy one now or use the uni computers.

I have a laptop and whilst i will be using it an uni - i think getting a desktop computer would be better - for one they are much easier to upgrade (or get upgraded if you aren't techie). The thing with laptop computers is that whilst the are portable - if you dont need to carry it from one place to another - desktops would be better as you can get a notebook computer fo one price - say $2000, and u can get a desktop computer for $2000 as well - but the desktop would have better stuff - more hard drive space, better graphics, more RAM etc

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Hanzo

HSC
yeh USB sticks have replaced Floppy discs now !
its very convenient and has a much larger storage capacity !

however laptops ?? nah that is too extreme for uni
you dont realli need a laptop...

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
Hanzo said:
yeh USB sticks have replaced Floppy discs now !
its very convenient and has a much larger storage capacity !

however laptops ?? nah that is too extreme for uni
you dont realli need a laptop...
if you dont hav a laptop now - dont bother going to buy one. Its really is a waste of money. I got my laptop - May last year and now I wish I had gotten a desktop computer. Whichever uni u are attending will have numerous computer rooms where u can go to type up an assigment , surf the net etc

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I tried the book thing... it didn't work. I ended up mostly scribbling and even when I did write meaningful notes I never read them again.

This year I am using a palm to annotate lecture notes that are posted online. I'll only buy a book if I need it for a computer lab.

HSC
N/A
Those 5-subject lecture notebook things are awesome... plus there's little plastic folders inside so you can put all your printed notes in there :)

Aside from that, in a BA the only other thing you need are a couple of good clicky pens. You know, the capless ones with a little button. Caps such in Uni, because you always loose them :( Plus, the clicky pens usually have a little hook part which you can use to attach them onto your notebook. Win win situation! :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As a BA student, you'll need pens, 5-subject lecture book, and lots of money and a high tolerance for alcohol. You should have a private tab at the bar by the end of sem 1 or at least a pool table or table where you are well known to be while skipping lectures.

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
As a BA student, you'll need pens, 5-subject lecture book, and lots of money and a high tolerance for alcohol. You should have a private tab at the bar by the end of sem 1 or at least a pool table or table where you are well known to be while skipping lectures.
... ROFL!!!!

Spoken by a true MQer ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)