Muslim Students demands muslim ONLY Prayer room at RMIT (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I find it wierd, that in primary and highschool, not once do i see some religious folk kissing the ground, yet i hear about Uni and its full of them.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
maybe because your high school has 1000 students, whereas unis have 30, 40 and even 50 thousand staff and students.

xceler8

HSC
You dont see alot of that in schools because of the time. Uni doesnt always finish the same time as schools!

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
There should only be generic prayer rooms for all religions or the people wanting to pray can go to an empty class room. Infact, if u want to go pray, dont go to uni for it. Universities shouldnt have to cater for its students religons.
i don't think people go to uni to pray.

Nadiaaa

HSC
Meh, as long as all the religions are treated equally. If the Muslims get a private prayer room then so do the rest. That or get rid of all regious facilities at university...after all uni is about education not religion.
Agreed... it's only fair that if one religion gets special treatment, so should the rest.

I would prefer they use an empty room or some other place that is out the way. If people want to pray at uni that is their problem not the problem of other students or the university.

People should not be given special treatment because of their religion... not in Australia.
But isn't it better if it's organised? Otherwise, if people just start using empty rooms, there'd be conflict, wouldn't there? :S
'Not in Australia' ...last i heard, Australia was a multicultural country. There are heaps of different religions and cultures and I think peoples beliefs should be respected, so matter what country they're in.

These Muslims obviously do.
People don't go to uni to pray. It just so happens that their timetable conflict with prayer times, and being religious they would want to adhere to the religion and be praying on time...

greekgun

HSC
There should only be generic prayer rooms for all religions or the people wanting to pray can go to an empty class room. Infact, if u want to go pray, dont go to uni for it. Universities shouldnt have to cater for its students religons.
Yeah poor choice of words there. Wat i meant to say was if u want to go pray, uni isnt the place for it. But u get the gist of my point.

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
Yeah poor choice of words there. Wat i meant to say was if u want to go pray, uni isnt the place for it. But u get the gist of my point.

Muslims and their never ending demands.... makes other religions feel less worthy

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Look, now I am not a racist, but Muslims and Arabs are seriously a plague and I propose some sort of solution (a final solution, if you will) so we can take "care" of this problem of A-rabs in our neighbourhoods, communities and universities.

I'm trying to get a political party running with a focus on nationalism and nationalising the factors of production going so if you're interested PM me. I need 50 or 100 signatures but we can take back Australia.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
it seems this nationalistic party will be based on race.
one nation 2.0?

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
They obviously have an alliegance to moonhommad over Australia, so why not give them what they want?

Ban Islam in Australia, TODAY. Otherwise we'll become like Europe.
your trolling is shit.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
Ther'es always free classrooms, why just not use them?
I agree with this statement. If im not mistaken UTS has a shared multi faith room, so anyone can use it. I think thats the best way to go about it.

sthafrcn

HSC
Muslims and their never ending demands.... makes other religions feel less worthy
how so?

All they are asking for is a section cut off so they can pray without distraction and yes i agree if muslims get a room then so should other religions.

i read a quote earlier that someone said muslims go to uni to pray *sigh* our prayers are daily with five prayers a day. If they can fit the prayer into their day (should be vice versa) then they will try and achieve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)