Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
You still have to rift up the problems associated with Islam and homosexuality. Also you need to shake off the issue that you HAVE to not eat pork, wear hijab, pray, etc to be a Muslim, why do you have to ostracise people who are lax in their beliefs, they are personal and you should not interfere. It should be possible to be gay, lesbian, transgendered, single mother, nudist and Muslim, like with other religions. Or quite simply do as my mother did and refuse to baptise me and leave it up to myself if I wanted to be part of that religion when I was old enough to make my own decisions rather than impose it straight away.

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
To be a Muslim and to follow Islam are two separate things. As politically incorrect as it may seem in todays secular age of "anything goes" and unchecked freedom, Islam DOES placem limits on a persons behaviour. It tells uswhat we can and can't do under the pretext of freewill. Whether believers choose to follow it is a different story. There are many homosexual Muslims, secular Muslims, fornicaing Muslims, non-hijabi Muslims, and every other type of Muslim you can think of. But that doesn't mean Islam has to bow down and say thatthey're right just because they choose to do this. Islamically, it's wrong and thats not going to change. The teachings of a religion and the actual actions of its followers arent mutually exclusive. (something which should be kept in mind with regards to the whole fundamentalist Islam thing)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ihavenothing said:
You still have to rift up the problems associated with Islam and homosexuality. Also you need to shake off the issue that you HAVE to not eat pork, wear hijab, pray, etc to be a Muslim, why do you have to ostracise people who are lax in their beliefs, they are personal and you should not interfere. It should be possible to be gay, lesbian, transgendered, single mother, nudist and Muslim, like with other religions. Or quite simply do as my mother did and refuse to baptise me and leave it up to myself if I wanted to be part of that religion when I was old enough to make my own decisions rather than impose it straight away.
there are people who dont follow religion and are vegetarians, against homosexuality, fight for animals rigths - wats ur point?

Pubert

HSC
ihavenothing said:
To be muslim you have to believe, if you believe you wouldn't do things against your religion intentionally.

What would be the point of being muslim if you don't believe? Why would you want to be identified as part of a group who don't recognise the things you do as lawful?

davin

HSC
N/A
i think that was just an arguement for tolerance in islam

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i just watched "in search for the afghan girl"

ie a national geographic doco on finding this girl

awesome documentary.

anyway there was a bit where they needed to talk to the woman but the husband was at work so no one could see her or speak to her etc unless her husband permitted it. Seeing her face was also troublesome.

But anyway, they respected the culture and waited until the husband returned the next day and all, but...

that would really suck for someone like me who's best friends have always been guys. Now I'm not one to sleep with shitloads of guys, or as if all the guys have a crush on me but we stay friends, its NOT like that. I honestly get along with guys a lot more than I do with girls. Up to the point that guys are comfortable with giving me the man-hand shake. (at this point I'd like to affirm that I dont look man-ly).

I wouldn't be able to see half my friends without my husband around. No disrespect to the culture but it would not suit me at all. I know you can have your dad around to see guys but my dad... well.. my dad isnt around. And I would hate to have someone there looming to always as if to "check so that we won't have sex". That would make things so revoltingly awkward for the guy friends I have...

"why are you here?"
"in case you two have sex"
"EWWWWW HIM!?!?!?!"

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i seen that docu. She was such a beautiful girl in the photo, and when they found her, all the beauty went away, what a shame.

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
mmmm, sasha, id trust someone as superficial as you to believe beauty fades as a result of covering your face. gee, it must have melted into the cloth! better sue spotlight then.......

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
dilroy said:
What has Islam contributed to Australia anyway, yet alone the world? Don't say a good religion because it's not, same goes for the people... the only reason it's a fast growing religion is because Muslim parents have a lot of kids.

Christianity, Buddhism and Judaism have a lot more positive impact when compared to Islam.
E.g. Christianity does a lot of fundraising and charity works to help the less fortunate, Bhuddism provides good moral and is probably the most respected + peaceful religion, Judaism is good for any economy... Period.
dilroy, before making sweeping assumptions based on your own narrow view of the world, do some research. were it not for early muslim scientists, astronomers, physicians and others, the technological era of today would not exist. as captain said, muslims were making scientific breakthroughs when the christian world was in its dark ages.

yes, christians do fundraise, as do muslims. you just dont hear about it because its not well publicised. and if your juidging islam's validity by the idiots that scream allahu akbar before blowing themselves up, you should maybe have a look into christianity's history. i assure you, it's not impressive. and dilroy, may i point out that judaism is not beneficial to the economy per se, rather it is the FOLLOWERS of judaism that are economically savvy ie. jews. i doubt the torah incorporates a handbook on inflation and how best to invest your shares. budhism is indeed a peaceful religion, as are islam, christianity and judaism IN THEIR PHILOSOPHY. all 4 preach love, mercy, compassion etc. its only when crackheads decide to hijack their religion and commit atrocitie in its name that things get ugly.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
maybe the muslim breakthroughs were highly advanced for 600ad, but they havent changed much since then. Muslims are stuck in the middle ages both with their morals and their restricting rules aswell as their technoledgy.

What do they have claim to? the invention of the matress and an impressive hole-in-ground toilet system. Wow how technologically advanced they are!

They havent changed much as a group since their group was first formed, that is why they havent contrbuted much

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
mmm serius, you have a point. not many muslims in islamic countries have made any crucial discoveries in recent times.

gee, it must be because those darned muslims are forbidden from sleeping with anything that moves. drat!! and here i was thinking the damage the crusaders, followed by the colonialists in the 19th century caused to the islamic world was to blame. it couldnt possibly be that the islamic world is so plagued by poverty and war inflicted by colonial greed that its a bit too preoccupied to be planning the best way to build a quantum computer.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
gee, it must be because those darned muslims are forbidden from sleeping with anything that moves. drat!! and here i was thinking the damage the crusaders, followed by the colonialists in the 19th century caused to the islamic world was to blame. it couldnt possibly be that the islamic world is so plagued by poverty and war inflicted by colonial greed that its a bit too preoccupied to be planning the best way to build a quantum computer.
Yet you're so quick to say 'LOLZ TEH CHRISTIANS WERE SO DUM IN TEH DARK AGES'.

Pot.Kettle.Black.

Noob.

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
serius made the mistake of saying that muslims didnt contribute and i replied by pointing out that muslims were light years ahead of the christian world at one stage. it wasnt my intention to denigrate christians but in the context of what i was trying to get across, that may be the impression i gave out.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
SabtheLab said:
serius made the mistake of saying that muslims didnt contribute and i replied by pointing out that muslims were light years ahead of the christian world at one stage. it wasnt my intention to denigrate christians but in the context of what i was trying to get across, that may be the impression i gave out.
Yeah, and then they fucked up because of their archaic system of laws and values, and are now stuck a century behind.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
SabtheLab said:
mmmm, sasha, id trust someone as superficial as you to believe beauty fades as a result of covering your face. gee, it must have melted into the cloth! better sue spotlight then.......
i wasnt talking about how she looked like with a cloth on her face. when they took the cloth off, she didnt have any of her beautiful features like she did when she was yuonger.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
Serius said:
maybe the muslim breakthroughs were highly advanced for 600ad, but they havent changed much since then. Muslims are stuck in the middle ages both with their morals and their restricting rules aswell as their technoledgy.

What do they have claim to? the invention of the matress and an impressive hole-in-ground toilet system. Wow how technologically advanced they are!

They havent changed much as a group since their group was first formed, that is why they havent contrbuted much
maybe if you had read about islamic history you would be willing to edit your post... or not have posted at all

Salima

HSC
SashatheMan said:
i wasnt talking about how she looked like with a cloth on her face. when they took the cloth off, she didnt have any of her beautiful features like she did when she was yuonger.
OMG REALLY! As you get older someones beauty can fade...ummmm.I'd never thought of that one. Some people say it can happen to anyone even if you have someting accross ones face!

To artibute covering oneself with eventual ugliness is redonculous! I hope everyone thinks my boyfriends not pretty cause then they won't be inclined to try him out! Though I know he'd never let them...but still...beauty in the eye of the bholder and all that. IF you lvoe them you think they're beautiful, and if you age witht hem, that love never wanning, you'lll find them hot still in the many years to come after that first kiss, your wedding and many children.

Salima

HSC
withoutaface said:
Yeah, and then they fucked up because of their archaic system of laws and values, and are now stuck a century behind.

hmmm....archaic, middle-ages, feudal. Salaman Rushty said Islam had the potential to do that if we didn't reform adn become new age. But the y idea is not to becoem new age. You live by the laws that were hadned down to you form god, no matter how logn ago that was. The idea is that if there was a problem witht hem we'd have another prophet. But not more, muhammad was it.

People say the same about chrictianity now, and judaism...but I guess they've been hearing it longer than us so they ignore it now.

And for anyone to say that muslims don't contribute to society is wrong. You are not defined by your religion when you contribute, only that you did. So find out, they may be some you never thought of who created things you never dreamed a muslim may create or soemthign you love and a muslim believer did!

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
hmmm....archaic, middle-ages, feudal. Salaman Rushty said Islam had the potential to do that if we didn't reform adn become new age. But the y idea is not to becoem new age. You live by the laws that were hadned down to you form god, no matter how logn ago that was. The idea is that if there was a problem witht hem we'd have another prophet. But not more, muhammad was it.
Yea we get that it's the idea... however you're just throwing god into it again, you don't know whether god handed down those laws so why not just apply them based on their methods? - Also, some muslim countries have been able to modernise by applying more lenient 'interpretations' on the texts...

People say the same about chrictianity now, and judaism...but I guess they've been hearing it longer than us so they ignore it now.
Christianity actually lost out a long time ago, the islam of today is your christianity of a few hundred years ago... Christianity/the church lost its power, so it became more popularist in order to retain followers - it's a case of the sheep leading the shepard :p

And for anyone to say that muslims don't contribute to society is wrong. You are not defined by your religion when you contribute, only that you did. So find out, they may be some you never thought of who created things you never dreamed a muslim may create or soemthign you love and a muslim believer did!
I don't know what other people's spin was, but my spin on that argument is that like mormons who won't accept blood transfusions to save their dying daughter - islam while allowing for some scientific progress, holds people back by archaic religious laws, the type which have been mostly demolished in western countries.

Ok. So it's not that 'muslims don't contribute to society because they're dumb' - it's - 'muslims are held back by their own beliefs'.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)