• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Ohhhh man. Would I ***LOVE*** to yank out the holy artefacts of Mecca (the Black Stone and the black building that people walk around) and take them to be scientifically analysed.
It would be great, I am sure it would be debated many times... people would claim dating methods are ludacris etc etc... but eventually the logic might turn people around, as we will hopefully see with evolution.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
PwarYuex said:
No, I mean I prefer a Christian hypocrite over a Koran-abiding Muslim. :)

I love this photo; a Muslim dressed in white as to say 'we're equal', yet wearing a hugely expensive watch (or a fake [vein] copy)... The Mecca, holy capital of the world, surrounded by huge, expensive, Western hotels as if to say 'Come to Mecca, first class!'

I thought the point of the hadj was to learn humility, not wear expensive jewellery and stay in ultra-comfortable rooms... I wonder if he gives his annual 2.5% to charity. Do you, veterandoggy?
my friend, you just jumped into a hole. you have tried to poke me on my turf, and i will show you why you are holding a rubber stick :)

first of all, i am a quran abiding muslim (are you american? the direct pronounciation is QUR'AN, not KORAN, so stop using it!), and since i am not anything you try to think i am, you have a mistaken notion about quran abiding muslims, or at least the new generation of muslims.

i did go for hajj pilgrimage, and just to show you how far cheap imitations go there, i saw adibas, adididas, adbas, ad<insert random set of letters>as, and the only real adidas (or at least they hadnt bothered changing the name) was a set of trackpants, and a pair of watches, the ones with the material strap, real old versions. and i am sure you have heard of the o-so-rich saudis, so i dont know why the high rise buildings surprise you. they are meant to accomodate for over 4 million muslims in tents? not in makkah mate, it is in no way accomplishable. people used to be dying from stuff like stamped on and the like almost every prayer time, which equates to an average of 4 or 5 deaths per day, and that is with all the improvements that they have made. believe me, my dad went to makkah 7 years ago and had to walk for 5 hours because of the crappy buses. oh, and he had to also help push it too sometimes.

makkah is only first class as far as you can see from tat picture. if you go 5 minutes away from there in any direction the "luxury" becomes anything but that, hence those buildings in the picture setting you back about $2.5K for two weeks or so.

the point of hajj is alot more than just humility. it is a chance to give glad tidings to the prophet and his next 2 khalifas, abu bakr and omar bin al-khattab. and who said that he got his jewllery from there? it doesnt have a saudi trademark on it, or am i a little short-sighted? whether or not he gives his 2.5% of income in charitry is none of my business, because it is his money that will become unlawful, not mine. i, on the other hand, dont work, so i have no income to pay 2.5% of, but i still give charity from the small amount of money i receive from my parents.

wow. i think this is the longest post i've made. *collapses*

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It would be great, I am sure it would be debated many times... people would claim dating methods are ludacris etc etc... but eventually the logic might turn people around, as we will hopefully see with evolution.
well, we believe it fell from heaven, and was white, but turned black over time from the sinful people touching it, so i dont know how they will place a date on it.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
first of all, i am a quran abiding muslim (are you american? the direct pronounciation is QUR'AN, not KORAN, so stop using it!), and since i am not anything you try to think i am, you have a mistaken notion about quran abiding muslims, or at least the new generation of muslims.
Welcome to your own logic

(1) This person claims they are a muslim.
(2) They do not act the way we expect a muslim to act.
(C) Therefore they are not a muslim.

That is the logic you use on us when we claim Osama bin ladin is a muslim or whatever... I don't actually want to use that on you tho because I believe it's stupid. The only person I believe you know is yourself, so if someone says they are a muslim then I guess I have to believe they're a muslim (I don't care too much for such categorisations that can't be defined).

makkah is only first class as far as you can see from tat picture. if you go 5 minutes away from there in any direction the "luxury" becomes anything but that, hence those buildings in the picture setting you back about $2.5K for two weeks or so.
That is exactly his point.

well, we believe it fell from heaven, and was white, but turned black over time from the sinful people touching it, so i dont know how they will place a date on it.
They would place a date on it the way they place a date on anything. If it is something which is made of materials we have never seen before, that would be truely amazing... science would go crashing down if there was some sort of new element in it or something.

Last edited:

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Welcome to your own logic

(1) This person claims they are a muslim.
(2) They do not act the way we expect a muslim to act.
(C) Therefore they are not a muslim.

That is the logic you use on us when we claim Osama bin ladin is a muslim or whatever... I don't actually want to use that on you tho because I believe it's stupid. The only person I believe you know is yourself, so if someone says they are a muslim then I guess I have to believe they're a muslim (I don't care too much for such categorisations that can't be defined).

That is exactly his point.

They would place a date on it the way they place a date on anything. If it is something which is made of materials we have never seen before, that would be truely amazing... science would go crashing down if there was some sort of new element in it or something.
of course i only know myself in that sense, i cant see into the hearts of others, but i dont know where this will go, or if it will stop, so ill stop it here thanks :).

well, i dont class arab leaders as ruling the way they're supposed to, and i would never use saudi as a muslim country for an example. it has become too wordly, despite what you think, and the high rise buildings and gazillion fake merchandise, not to mention the poor people which were innocently taken from their homelands to beg for money off us pilgrims for food and clothing by the companies that brought them there.

well, as much as i would hope that the stone has a totally new element, and as much as i would love to laugh at you guys, i doubt you would be able to get into makkah, let alone take the stone. i cant remember if this rule is also outside pilgrimage times, but non-muslims are not allowed to enter makkah at all. this is solely because it is hard enough to support the muslims, let alone the tourists that might come. oh and btw, they have tried combatting the business side that is overtaking makkah by confiscating or turning away people with cameras. i think many people would buy a photo filled with white wearing pilgrims in makkah.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If the stone had a totally new element it would be radioactive.

gerhard

HSC
guys i dont think you can date most rocks anyway.

actually i think some science guys hypothesised that there might be non radioactive elements in the higher (unknown) numbers. like safe zones that dont decay. i dont know much about this though.

X

xeuyrawp

withoutaface said:
If the stone had a totally new element it would be radioactive.
hahahah. Orsum ;)

You realise these idiots kiss this thing?

but turned black over time from the sinful people touching it,
Or it could be that crazy scientific thing known as pollution... Every couple of decades, Oxford University's sandstone walls have to be scrubbed, as they turn black from pollution.

A bunch of sweaty men with pork-jerky in their beards kissing the damn rock for the past several centuries would do the same thing. :)

Some things can be explained by science. :)

(are you american? the direct pronounciation is QUR'AN, not KORAN, so stop using it!
It's pronounced 'kor - ahn'; 'qur'an' is actually a direct transliteration from the Arabic and is generally confusing. Just like Ancient Egyptian transliterations of 'skhmtabtwnftr' is actually transliterated as 'sekhmet abtu wenefetra'.

Also, if you didn't notice, you're undoubtedly saying it differently to Mohammed himself. :)

-------

Oh, you mean 'spelt', not 'pronounced'... I thought it was spelt القرآن :) --- regardless, we pronounce it as best we can.

X

xeuyrawp

gerhard said:
guys i dont think you can date most rocks anyway.
We don't want to 'date' anything. Please read all the posts and read up on the facts, wikipedia is alwas a good source. Just so you know, The Black Rock (a corner stone in the main Kaaba) is said to have fallen from heaven, ie be a meteorite. Give even an amateur geologist 10 minutes with that baby, and they could tell us whether it fell from space.

actually i think some science guys hypothesised that there might be non radioactive elements in the higher (unknown) numbers. like safe zones that dont decay. i dont know much about this though.
I haven't heard anything about that idea, but I thought it was a given that, as you have an increase in atomic mass, you have an increase in radioactive decay... I could be wrong though :)

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Or it could be that crazy scientific thing known as pollution... Every couple of decades, Oxford University's sandstone walls have to be scrubbed, as they turn black from pollution.

It's pronounced 'kor - ahn'; 'qur'an' is actually a direct transliteration from the Arabic and is generally confusing.

Also, if you didn't notice, you're undoubtedly saying it differently to Mohammed himself. :)

Oh, you mean 'spelt', not 'pronounced'... I thought it was spelt القرآن :) --- regardless, we pronounce it as best we can.
i dont think there was much pollution centuries, or even millenia ago. it didnt go black during islam's time :rolleyes:

i say it in my mind, and it comes no where near koran. qur'an is a more correct pronounciation. and if qur'an is more confusing than kor-ahn, why dont you say kor-ahn?

so you actually know how muhammad said it? hmmm....

i meant pronounced and you know i meant that. besides, im sure you might pronounce it more correctly, but i cant exactly hear you "pronounce" it, so i use what you type to try imagining it.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The size of a nucleus with a number of protons greater than 75 (iirc) makes it inherently unstable. It's just a fucking rock dude.

X

xeuyrawp

veterandoggy said:
i dont think there was much pollution centuries, or even millenia ago. it didnt go black during islam's time :rolleyes:
Umm... What?

You're saying:

1. There was no pollution centuries ago,
2. Until recently, it was only kissed by by Muslims.

May I asked when it turned black?

qur'an is a more correct pronounciation.
Please, learn the difference between spelling and pronounciation. :)

and if qur'an is more confusing than kor-ahn, why dont you say kor-ahn?
If the word 'bright' is more confusing than 'brite', why don't we all start saying 'brite'?! --- oh, wait, I just remembered that spoken language changes about eighty times faster than written language.

so you actually know how muhammad said it? hmmm....
Please state when I did. I'm merely using sound historical linguistic theory; look at how much written Arabic has changed, not to mention all the other Afro-Asiatic languages. :)

i meant pronounced and you know i meant that. besides, im sure you might pronounce it more correctly, but i cant exactly hear you "pronounce" it, so i use what you type to try imagining it.
ohh kay wehhl aiyll start tai-ping eh-ver-ee-thing so that yooo can ee-ma-jin howw ai saii things.... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

gerhard

HSC
why does the rock come from space again?

i mean if they test it, and it is an asteroid, then it proves that some guys found an asteroid. if they test it, and its not an asteroid, then it means that the rock didnt come from space, which is completely in line with muslim beliefs anyway, because heaven is outside of space and time.

i just dont get it.

reemz

HSC
withoutaface said:
The size of a nucleus with a number of protons greater than 75 (iirc) makes it inherently unstable. It's just a fucking rock dude.

EXCUSE ME ITS NOT JUST A FUKIN ROCK TO US! this rock is scared to us(muslims) it was descended to us from the heavens so its not like any other rock on earth- yes it was white when it was first landed on earth and yes when all the people started to touh it there sins made it black and the prophet mohammed placed it where it is now, we kiss it as a apart of a sunnah, and this rock is told to us to be witness for us in front of god on judjement day....
THAT IS WHAT BELIEVE SO PLEASE RESPECT OUR BELIEFS

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
reemz said:
EXCUSE ME ITS NOT JUST A FUKIN ROCK TO US!
That's nice
this rock is scared to us(muslims) it was descended to us from the heavens so its not like any other rock on earth- yes it was white when it was first landed on earth and yes when all the people started to touh it there sins made it black and the prophet mohammed placed it where it is now, we kiss it as a apart of a sunnah, and this rock is told to us to be witness for us in front of god on judjement day....
Prove it.
THAT IS WHAT BELIEVE SO PLEASE RESPECT OUR BELIEFS
No.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)