• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
veterandoggy said:
i figured it out after a long stare, but you cant really say that the "islamic" countries are steadfast to shariah law. i would class them as somewhat corrupted, and being flexible when it comes to what they enforce in shariah contributes to this.
You can't really say that Soviet Russia was steadfast to communism, either. And yet...

googooloo

HSC
I think we should think about getting rid of some of the forums in the political section relating to islam. There are so many, and all end up discussing the same things. I'm just saying. The one entiled Islam Discussion should be the only muslim related section. It encompasses all things. That is the idea of that one topic, and forum. So maybe we could get the others closed and focus all our discussions in there. It just cuts out a lot of repeating the same things.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
PwarYuex Dont take stuff out of context, eg,

2:223- is under a section on the topic of divorce concerning how men should handle it.

2.223: Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will; but do some good act for your souls beforehand; and fear God. And know that ye are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), and give (these) good tidings to those who believe.

there just one verse, shows a completely different meaning,

its not history to take things out of context.

Salima

HSC
PwarYuex said:
-- 33:36; in context of marriage, once The Prophet, Allah, and a man decide a woman must marry, it is final.

Not true. A woman can divorse if, for such reasons as, not earning enough money after 3months of marriage, if there is no lve, then not a happy family so it hsouldn't be, things like that. And no woman can be forced into marriage.

About the rape within marriage hting. I know a woman can't really say no to her husband if he wants it bad enough.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Salima said:
About the rape within marriage hting. I know a woman can't really say no to her husband if he wants it bad enough.
The fools seem to be coming out the woodwork now that the HSC is over...

Ah, no. A woman can and should say no if she isn't in the mood, and the man just have to deal with it on his own. To suggest otherwise... I for one cannot see how one can suggest otherwise.

Salima

HSC
That's just what I heard from a friend, but her view of Islam is of a different practise to my own, like she has things from her mothers culture, that has become tied into the religion, but I do not know if it's completely true or not. It may be or not. I must seek further, but it may take time.

Generator

HSC
N/A
So, some (well, one) interpretations of Islam provide room for the husband to rape the wife. Sickening.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
as if
we dont have to sex our husbands ..if we really dont want it or cant have sex we can refuse it however..
but we cant refuse for no stupid reason..because part of marriage is sex..and each person is entitled to sex once every 3 days atleast
theres NO RAPE AND NO FORCE... its a whole matter to delve into
a healthy relationship /marriage involves regular sex

Salima

HSC
soha said:
as if
we dont have to sex our husbands ..if we really dont want it or cant have sex we can refuse it however..
but we cant refuse for no stupid reason..because part of marriage is sex..and each person is entitled to sex once every 3 days atleast

Ah that must be what my friend meant! But she did not explain very well, thank you Soha. Thank you very much, you taught me this day, something new.

I know rape wouldn't be allowed. Well SashatheMan, there's your answer if you ever care to look.

Salima

HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
You haven't met many Australian women.
What are you talking about! Just because me alias here is Salima, and i a a pic of a woman in burkha and I am muslim doesn't mean that I am not an australian woman. I was born here and raised here all my life.

Unless you're being raced and when u said aussie woman you meant an anglo saxon decendant who likes BBQ's having sexual rondavous and gussling down bear! Or am i stereotyping here? Well I wouldn't be a stereotype if everyone like that did that! And most of the time these people are christian, (i kno one jew!--but she's only jew when she feels liek it), and ono-religion, like you sashahteman!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
as if
But what constitutes a 'stupid' reason?
Can you just... not feel like it one day, but he says 'that's not a good enough reason! we got married! sex is my right!' and that's not rape?

Salima

HSC
well i would say, a made headache is an excuse good enough or tired beyond belief. or periods or becuase she's preganant already adn in the later stages. or is in hospital or suffers form illness.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Can you just... not feel like it one day, but he says 'that's not a good enough reason! we got married! sex is my right!' and that's not rape?
ok i have a whole portfolio about marriage and sex in islam
but i cant find it :(
but when i do..i will be more then happy to talk about it

well for example..a stupid reason for me..is if i wanted to have sex and he was watching t.v..id be like fuck you...
depends whats on..really ..lmao..neways moving on

sly fly

HSC
Another factor you have to consider is that adultery in islam results in the death penalty, for both the man and the woman. Also, masturbation is forbidden. So if the man, or the wife, is refused sex they can't go anywhere else to satisfy their needs. Sex is a physical need and it needs to be satisfied.......I think in islam, there's something about having to have sex at least once in three months or something, I'm not exactly sure. About the rape thing, I'm almost positive you can't just 'rape' your wife. I think, the ruling is that it's is haram (forbidden) for the wife to refuse sex with an inadequate reason, but if she does refuse, it doesn't mean he can rape her.......it is haram (forbidden) for him to force her, even if it is for a 'stupid reason'. I'll try and find the ruling and let you know

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

Rape in marriage, goes against Islamic teachings, and the etiquettes and good relations between a wife and husband. A husband can not, force his wife into having sex!

"...Why would a man rape his wife? Strangely enough, it is not due to a wife's withholding of sex which is the most common myth. Most women who report being raped by their husbands also report having consensual sexual intercourse with them. If the offender is not deterred by social conventions against hitting and punching, he will probably not be inhibited by social conventions against forcing sex either. "

http://www.geocities.com

Physical abuse between husband and wife, also goes against the teachings of Islam (just a side note).

As Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, former President of the Islamic Society of North America, states:

"The relations between the spouses should be based on tranquility, love and mercy. Allah says, "And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect." (al-Rum 30:21) "

The ideal Marriage between Husband and wife, constitues of the following three concepts: Love, Mercy and Tranquility

Dr Muzammil H. Siddiqi adds:

"...It is the duty of the husband and wife to see that they are a source of comfort and tranquility for each other. They should do everything physically, emotionally and spiritually to make each other feel happy and comfortable. They must care for each other. They should not inflict any harm or injury, neither physically nor verbally, to each other. In order to increase the tranquility and comfort in their relations and in their home, they should love each other and should have mercy and kindness for each other. Loving and merciful relationship is an important ingredient of a good marriage and good family life."

The factors Sly fly has pointed out are very important. Since Islam forbids fornication, Adultery and Masturbation, one can only achieve sexual plessure with his wife or her husband.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) has gone so far as to teaching his Ummah (Muslim nation) the etiquettes of sexual relationships between husband and wife. A good book to read would be "Healing with the medicine of the Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) " which includes teachings in regards to the scientific benefits of a good sexual relationship, as well as the benefits of sex, in maintaining the good health of a married couple.

In regards to the husband having the right to sex, there are conditions and guidelines, as have been stated previously by others, but for more clarification, read on if u will:

"As for the husband’s right to sexual access and its conditions, Sheikh Ibn al-`Uthaymin, the well-known Saudi scholar, adds:

“It is obligatory upon the wife to respond to her husband if he calls her to his bed. However, if she is psychologically ill and is not able to actively respond to his call or if she has a physical illness, then in such cases it is not allowed for the husband to call upon her. This is because the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "There is to be no harm done or reciprocation of harm." He should either refrain or enjoy her company in such a way that does not harm her.”

"...The husband should not deny himself to his wife and the wife also should not deny herself to her husband. They should do their best to satisfy their marriage partner. Even during the menses or post childbirth bleeding, when intercourse is forbidden, husband and wife can be together and can enjoy affection and intimacy in other ways. " "

The following Fatwa (ruling) was issued by the eminent Muslim Scholar, Sheikh Muhammad Al-Hanooti, member of the North American Fiqh Council:

"Intimacy should be a matter of etiquette and courtesy, not a matter of abstract desire. The Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, as `Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her narrates, used to have good foreplay and fondling and the like so that a spouse should be in the mood to have intimacy. What the Hadith means is that a wife should respond positively. Man should never jump to the extent of forcing his wife, but she should show no arrogance or hatred or denial when it comes to her appreciation and respect of her husband. Her denial to intimacy usually should give a hint to the husband that she is not physically or emotionally ready for that.

The husband should be of good reason and understand her situation. The husband should show almost the same response, and the same etiquette, if the wife hints to desiring intimacy with him..."

Extracted from www.islamonline.net (Fatwa Bank) with slight modification!

Last edited:

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
this should answer any more questions regarding rae in marriage, so maybe i should bookmark this to link people to it, as i feel that when this falls in the middle of this thread, where no one is bothered to read, the question will be asked again.

Salima

HSC
can we get make to muslim ppl in australia. islam i s actaully a farelly new religion to the australian ppl/country when u think bout it.

X

xeuyrawp

physician said:
Rape in marriage, goes against Islamic teachings
You're a fucking idiot.

Grow up and smell the un-PC roses; it's a savage religion, with a savage people that practice it. Yes, they're different to us (meta-ethical cultural relativism and such), but if treating women like equals is 'different', well then I'm different.

There is a huge difference between 'Islamic teachings' (most of which seem to be quite violant and intolerant) and practices.

Conversely, I'd like to see why your so-called teachings aren't enforced (the ones that ban rape within marriage)... I mean, you've pretty much been shot down with the fact that the religion is fucked -- look at what we've quoted.

So many Islamic people use the Koran as an excuse to be animals ('I read it in the Koran!!!'), yet so many of them don't use it as an excust to do good, which you apparently say it is. Saudi Arabia boasts being the country truest to Islamic law, and look at how well they treat themselves and the world.

Stop trying to stand up for 1). a hopeless group of barbarians and 2). a religion that gives validity to the barbarianism. There's no way you can win with the fact that both the people and the religion is fucked. :)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
soha said:
as if
Each person? you mean a man can't refuse a woman if she wants sex? Or does this expectation to adhere to a spouses' sexual demands only fall upon the woman's shoulders?

What constitutes a "stupid reason" and what doesn't? If a woman doesn't feel like sex at any particular time, for whatever reason, then surely she shouldn't be pressured into having it, married or not. That's harrassment. It teeters too close to rape for my liking.

A healthy marriage involves sex when both partners are wanting and willing.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)