Muslim cleric: women incite men's lust with 'satanic dress' (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
soha said:
i dont see why the media had to publicise it..i mean..just coz a guy gets up and says something..in a lecture room..is it all of a sudden sydneys buisness to know what he said..even tho the audience was muslims neway?
Surely you aren't that thick? It should be clear to all that his statements more than implied that a rape may in some way be justified given that the woman is supposedly at fault if she happens to dressed in 'provocative' clothing. Whether as a muslim he condemns rape or not, that isn't the issue, rather it's the way that he expressed his position and that fact that he is supposedly in a position of some authority (or regard) within the Islamic community.

HSC
Generator said:
Surely you aren't that thick? It should be clear to all that his statements more than implied that a rape may in some way be justified given that the woman is supposedly at fault if she happens to dressed in 'provocative' clothing. Whether as a muslim he condemns rape or not, that isn't the issue, rather it's the way that he expressed his position and that fact that he is supposedly in a position of some authority (or regard) within the Islamic community.
I was just trying to figure out how to say exactly what you just did, nicely done :)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
mahuligan said:
tangerinespeedo i would rep u again if i could :p

you are totally right..in no way is he misunderstood..what hes saying is utter bullshit and does not uphold the true muslim values. no one should have any sympathy for this retard because he is the type of person that brings shame to our religion.

how disgusting does this man sound?! 'her beauty is eligible of rape' omg that is the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard....anyone who even mildly agrees with what he said is an ass...how the hell does that represent islam!?! :chainsaw:
lol.only stating the facts.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
soha said:
even if he uses rape as an example
he said so himself islam doesnt condemn rape
but dressing unappropriately is a factor that can lead to rape
You're probably looking for condone there sweetheart. (and Inappropriately)

And thats one mighty fucking leap you're taking there. Mini Skirt = Asking for Rape. Thats like me saying, you're a muslim, therefore you're an idiot thats going to blow themselves up.

The potential for rape is not in the fucking clothes. Its in the intent of the person doing/attempting the rape. You're telling me we should charge knives for murder? Cars for Manslaughter? Please, you're in the same league as that guy if you seriously believe that.

but hes still a fellow muslim that i would follow anyday over a nonmuslim...
Blind faith is what leads to extremists and idiots like him.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
AsyLum said:
You're probably looking for condone there sweetheart. (and Inappropriately)

And thats one mighty fucking leap you're taking there. Mini Skirt = Asking for Rape. Thats like me saying, you're a muslim, therefore you're an idiot thats going to blow themselves up.

The potential for rape is not in the fucking clothes. Its in the intent of the person doing/attempting the rape. You're telling me we should charge knives for murder? Cars for Manslaughter? Please, you're in the same league as that guy if you seriously believe that.

Blind faith is what leads to extremists and idiots like him.
you dont know what the fuck you are talking about
its not blind faith
i dont even like him or agree with him or FOLLOW him..but in the case of choosing ghim over a non muslim..
i put my trust in ALLAH an my trust in a fellow muslim over a non muslim anyday
like the koran tells us..
we cant judge one another so we trust oneanother and whoever proclaims god is one and mohammad is the messenger he is worthy or ur trust
so dont tell me im following anyone blindly
i dont even know this guy and i only follow koran and sunnah
not people..

and the whole miniskirt asking for rape
we all have our opinions dont we..wether its true or not..doesnt matter..its an opinion..its not my opinion..i was stating what he said

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
mahuligan said:
soha u ask for respect for eachother but honestly, i find it incredibly difficult to respect a man who calls himself a muslim and talks like that..especially considering that he is someone whos views are widely publicised...someone who supposedly represents our religon
exactly..i don't respect osama bin laden jsut because he claims to be Islamic (which he isn't), just like if I was christian I wouldn't respect George Bush..not that I do anyway but i'm saying in terms of brotherhood and such. I respect those who follow the religion intelligently and without breaching the Islamic principles of
1. Live and let live
2. Do not insult others.
3. Pre-marital sex is forbidden
4. Rape is highly condemned and may even be punishable by death.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Wait so if i suddenly convert to Islam you will trust me and follow what I say more than you would have the day before i converted, even if i do and say exactly the same thing? Or even worse, if i say things that are totally against Islam you will follow me before a non-Muslim?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
soha said:
Obviously because, according to you i know nothing due to my faith.

its not blind faith
i dont even like him or agree with him or FOLLOW him..but in the case of choosing ghim over a non muslim..
like the koran tells us..
So if he were to say kill a person, or commit a sin that was wrong, you'd still follow him BECAUSE he was muslim? Blind faith ahoy.

we cant judge one another so we trust oneanother and whoever proclaims god is one and mohammad is the messenger he is worthy or ur trust
Isnt that guy judging women to be inferior or at fault for dressing in such a manner?

so dont tell me im following anyone blindly
i dont even know this guy and i only follow koran and sunnah
not people..
and the whole miniskirt asking for rape
we all have our opinions dont we..wether its true or not..doesnt matter..its an opinion..its not my opinion..i was stating what he said
i think withoutaface needs to shut the fuck up
i dont see why the media had to publicise it..i mean..just coz a guy gets up and says something..in a lecture room..is it all of a sudden sydneys buisness to know what he said..even tho the audience was muslims neway?
Lovely, cos you know, if for some reason some fanatic decides to talk to muslims and convinces them to blow things up, its not our business cos we arent muslim?

Geez, i respect the other muslims in this thread, and have a few muslim friends myself. I have never seen them talk in such a manner to suggest that a woman could be at fault for rape in this day and age.

Funky_Junky

HSC
AsyLum said:
So if he were to say kill a person, or commit a sin that was wrong, you'd still follow him BECAUSE he was muslim? Blind faith ahoy.
QUOTE]

I think what she meant was she would place her trust in a muslim then a non-muslim. THat does not mean that she will do whatever he orders us to do, coz the quran and the sunnah has already stated it for us and no one has the right to modify any off it...their job is only to pass it on to other muslims.

shortie_689

HSC
this is such bullshit... i know someone who was raped n all she was wearing was a pair of like black pants an a huge baggy jumper... its such crap...
what i think this muslim guy now has to worry about women going to attack him for wat this ignorant moron has said

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Funky_Junky said:
AsyLum said:
QUOTE]

I think what she meant was she would place her trust in a muslim then a non-muslim. THat does not mean that she will do whatever he orders us to do, coz the quran and the sunnah has already stated it for us and no one has the right to modify any off it...their job is only to pass it on to other muslims.
Even if this muslim were to lead you on the wrong path? And yet someone who isnt muslim, but keeps the rules of your religion is untrustworthy?

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
What a fucking retard of a person.

If there ever was a time to deport someone, now would be it!

Funky_Junky

HSC
AsyLum said:
Even if this muslim were to lead you on the wrong path? And yet someone who isnt muslim, but keeps the rules of your religion is untrustworthy?
look man a true muslim who fears god will not take anyone to the trashy path as they know that they will get punished for doing so. So yes like soha said i will trust the muslim person more than the non-muslim one because they are highly unlikely to take you on the wrong path.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Once again another example of someone coming to Australia and complaining when this country isn't exactly like the one he came from. People who come here should except our way of life.

That putting the lamb in the middle of the wolves quote is inferring that men are no more than animals. The basic premise which seperates us from the animals is that we have reason and so we have a choice whether or not to act on our desires or not. Or does he believe all Muslim men are animals and as such accordances should be made.

This fanatic ought to be very careful. There is a difference between freedom of speech and telling people they have the right to commit a heinous crime, which is all he is doing.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Funky_Junky said:
look man a true muslim who fears god will not take anyone to the trashy path as they know that they will get punished for doing so. So yes like soha said i will trust the muslim person more than the non-muslim one because they are highly unlikely to take you on the wrong path.
So, as you say you must support this guy? Cos as soha as provided, she'd rather trust him, and so your views are that women are in fact responsible for being raped, right?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Enlightened_One said:
Once again another example of someone coming to Australia and complaining when this country isn't exactly like the one he came from. People who come here should except our way of life.

That putting the lamb in the middle of the wolves quote is inferring that men are no more than animals. The basic premise which seperates us from the animals is that we have reason and so we have a choice whether or not to act on our desires or not. Or does he believe all Muslim men are animals and as such accordances should be made.

This fanatic ought to be very careful. There is a difference between freedom of speech and telling people they have the right to commit a heinous crime, which is all he is doing.
AUSTRALIA HAS NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT EXPRESSING EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

WE ARE NOT IN AMERICA.

Funky_Junky

HSC
AsyLum said:
So, as you say you must support this guy? Cos as soha as provided, she'd rather trust him, and so your views are that women are in fact responsible for being raped, right?
I know he made a point that i completely disagree with. I don't want to judge him coz i don't know what his intentions were behind his statement.

I don't think women are in fact responsible for being raped and no they are not asking to be raped when they wear revealing clothing. But i do support the fact that those who do wear revealing clothes are subjected to alot of harrassment compared to those who cover themselves. Women have the responsibility to cover themsevles and the men have the responsibilities to lower their gaze, so whoever fails to abide these rules, islam should not be held responsible. ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
And the argument never was about islam being guilty for it. Rather the fundamentalists and radicals like this dude who give it a bad name.

Sorry, didnt mean to sound mean or anything in my previous posts, well not against you anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)