Muslim cleric says its OK to rape your wife (1 Viewer)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
shutuppp...u no his fukn joking or sumshitt...its againstt any religion to rapeee

fuk u

x
Really backing up your principles there Wiggy...
Try a) spelling and b) formulating an argument rather than blurting out some random opinion.

tizona

HSC
So basically God is an egotistical bully who uses fear to control the populace and tortures people if they step out of line or try to challenge his dominance?
actually its more like people are bullies since they dont listen to anyone and think they can do whatever they want

tizona

HSC
Your God sounds well retarded.

Why not just say 'you aren't allowed to hit your wife' and test men that way?
but that is what he said. cos all the hadiths say strictly ur not allowed to hit your wife

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
but that is what he said. cos all the hadiths say strictly ur not allowed to hit your wife
But the Q'uran explicitly states that you should punish your wife if she does wrong by hitting her. Also, because the hadith is only the lens through which one is supposed to interpret the Q'uran, it is the Q'uran which is the more authoritative of the texts. In short, you failed.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
actually its more like people are bullies since they dont listen to anyone and think they can do whatever they want
And the Word of God as written by the prophet Muhammed places divine approval upon their actions. It also doesn't help if they live in a country or region bound by Shariah law, because at least Western law does it's best to weed out stupidity.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
So you detest like, i dont know 75% of the world or more. Damn you must not have friends lol.
Actually, most of my friends are atheists, agnostics, un-aligned theists, pagans or people who just don't give a fuck enough to question life. My one friend who is heavily Christian cops a lot of shit from me, and gives as good as he gets.

hnsna

HSC
N/A
So you detest like, i dont know 75% of the world or more. Damn you must not have friends lol.
Whether 100% of the world believed in an Invisible Pink Unicorn or not, it wouldn't make the probabilty any higher.

e. Argumentum ad populum
An argument that appeals to the beliefs of the multitude (i.e., the populous). Another way of putting it: speaker deals with passions of audience rather than with alient issues. This fallacy is also known as "appeal to tradition". Ad populum arguments often occur in 1) propaganda 2) demagoguery, and 3) advertizing.
Examples:
1. 56 percent of the American public believes this.
2. The majority of experts hold this position.
3. Four out of five dentists agree...
4. Millions can't be wrong...
5. But we've always done it that way...

tizona

HSC
But the Q'uran explicitly states that you should punish your wife if she does wrong by hitting her. Also, because the hadith is only the lens through which one is supposed to interpret the Q'uran, it is the Q'uran which is the more authoritative of the texts. In short, you failed.
yea its says it as a complete last resort. and that is when she is doing something EXTREMELY bad. during the time quran was sent, extreme corruption occured. if Allah forbade everything, then no one would come to islam. for example, in one part of the quran, it says there is a limit from drinking. yet in the same quran, later on, its completely forbidden to drink alcohol. you need to see the bigger picture and read everything, rather than make judgements from one source, which im afraid to say, that muslim guy said. and i cant blame you for thinking what ur thinking. but all i know is that that hitting a wife is condemned by hadith.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
yea its says it as a complete last resort. and that is when she is doing something EXTREMELY bad. during the time quran was sent, extreme corruption occured. if Allah forbade everything, then no one would come to islam. for example, in one part of the quran, it says there is a limit from drinking. yet in the same quran, later on, its completely forbidden to drink alcohol. you need to see the bigger picture and read everything, rather than make judgements from one source, which im afraid to say, that muslim guy said. and i cant blame you for thinking what ur thinking. but all i know is that that hitting a wife is condemned by hadith.
so what you're saying is, it contradicts itself because it's completely man-made (just look how many times mohammed was "granted" exceptions to the marriage laws by "allah")

good observation :D

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Fail.
For starters it's not stated as it being a last resort. If anything it's stated as being a first resort.
Secondly, the Q'uran and the hadith do not clarify that it is only to be done if she is doing something "EXTREMELY" bad. You appaear to have made that up.
Thirdly, one person's defintion of "EXTREMELY bad" and another person's may inhait polar opposites. But because they both believe that they are just doing what the have been told to by God, arguing with one is difficult, without discrediting the original text or at the very least arguing with both.
Lastly, are you honestly telling me that the "bigger picture" in the Q'uran is that it's a contradictory book of nonsense from which one can use certain passages to justify whatever one feels like doing? Cos that was already my view.

tizona

HSC
Fail.
For starters it's not stated as it being a last resort. If anything it's stated as being a first resort.
Secondly, the Q'uran and the hadith do not clarify that it is only to be done if she is doing something "EXTREMELY" bad. You appaear to have made that up.
Thirdly, one person's defintion of "EXTREMELY bad" and another person's may inhait polar opposites. But because they both believe that they are just doing what the have been told to by God, arguing with one is difficult, without discrediting the original text or at the very least arguing with both.
Lastly, are you honestly telling me that the "bigger picture" in the Q'uran is that it's a contradictory book of nonsense from which one can use certain passages to justify whatever one feels like doing? Cos that was already my view.
1. its used as a last resort because it says in the ayah if u look at it, that he must first advise her. if she doesnt listen, then move beds, then if she doesnt listen u can do it. and allah has said that if a man knows his wife will leave him the instant he touches her in that way, then it would be better that he never tried hitting her. therefore it is a last resort.

2. the quran and hadith do clarify that its only done when its bad. its not direct, but if u read the whole thing, then u will know

3. i agree that a person definition of extremely bad differs. thats why allah says that if a man knows his wife will leave him, then he should never try it. but the thing is, there are some woman - and men - who will remain stubborn. and if she genuinly doesnt do something extremely bad, then its definately his fault.

4. no the quran is not contraditory, u have to read it with the intention of understanding it, not to pick out its faults. becasue if u do, u wont understand why god has allowed some things and not others.

tizona

HSC
so what you're saying is, it contradicts itself because it's completely man-made (just look how many times mohammed was "granted" exceptions to the marriage laws by "allah")

good observation :D

yes he was. but some things that are are not compulsory for us were also compulsory for him. and there are reasons as to why he was allowed by god to marry more than 4 wives. other than that, he wasnt granted any other exceptions

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
1. its used as a last resort because it says in the ayah if u look at it, that he must first advise her. if she doesnt listen, then move beds, then if she doesnt listen u can do it. and allah has said that if a man knows his wife will leave him the instant he touches her in that way, then it would be better that he never tried hitting her. therefore it is a last resort.

2. the quran and hadith do clarify that its only done when its bad. its not direct, but if u read the whole thing, then u will know

3. i agree that a person definition of extremely bad differs. thats why allah says that if a man knows his wife will leave him, then he should never try it. but the thing is, there are some woman - and men - who will remain stubborn. and if she genuinly doesnt do something extremely bad, then its definately his fault.

4. no the quran is not contraditory, u have to read it with the intention of understanding it, not to pick out its faults. becasue if u do, u wont understand why god has allowed some things and not others.
Rofl. Cos if you read it with the intention of picking out faults, you might actually find something? Whereas if you read it as an apologist, you will be able to smooth over the problems with mental and ethical gymnastics? Sure luv, sure.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
Islam this, Islam that blah blah blah..I disagree thoroughly with what tizona and many others said about Islam being the best religion if practiced in it's "true" sense. Islam like any religion is not a fact; there is nothing scientific about it. IT IS BASED ON 100% FAITH. It is open to interpretation. Both a peaceful person like yld and an extremist read the same text, but get different messages out of it. Who is to say that the message you get out of Islam is the right one, and the message they get is the wrong one? I don't know which one is right - what I do know is that people act like savages in the name of religiom, seduced by its rewards, petrified by its punishment. I can be a fool and get romanticized by what the "true" form of Islam is supposed to be, or I can see what results what some extreme elements of Islam is causing. I chose the later. Same goes for Christianity and Judaism, btw. You are all shit stains to the world. just keep your religion indoors and everyone can live in peace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)