musical instruments (1 Viewer)

nerdd

encore was good i thought!
i really liked the song written by the girl inspired by .. ahh now i forget.
well the one where there was a piano, violin etc and there were two girls singing.
inspired by a movie or something?

she should be like the next delta goodrem or something hehe

swingin' n

i'm a one man band!

i play the clarinet & muck around on the piano every now and then. my whole fam is really into music!

Supaneo

I can play the recorder!...

I wish to play the bongos, and be an overall percussionist for an funk r&b hip hop band...

I also with to become a turntablist and start scratching everyones ear's out...

DJ Supaneo

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
so do u hav to be of a specific standard to teach? i could do with some work next year. i finished a-mus, and prob won't get a chance to do my L-mus in the next year or two.. and after that i'd prob be over it. Bah.

um, so i play the piano (and the keyboard, xylophone, harpsichord..) (hmm)
learnt the recorder for a while
self-taught myself how to play really simple pieces really slowly on the violin

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
FInsished grade 7 clarinet, doing A.mus for piano in a few weeks :confused:

Im scared

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
good luck enak!
just practise a lot and be prepared.. go in there and say hi to the adjudicators... act like you know what you're doing

just think.. little letters after ur name!! yippee

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Played keyboard, then trumpet for 4 years played guitar for 4 years... however dont get lessons... just play casually...

chunder

HSC
to nerdd,

i seriously recommend you against teaching. regardless of how amazing you are as a performer you are probably only an average teacher at best. My first teacher was a great performer but a shit teacher. As a result i spent years using the wrong techniques and had to learn new ones when i changed teachers (very fustrating).

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i'm having a similar problem with my teacher for the violin. Shes a good teacher and all... but shes not a real teacher if u know wat i mean. She can play... and play well.. but can't really teach a person... she can teach the music and the violin.. but she just cant teach the person... if that makes sense.

So i'm changing teachers, which is cool. My new teacher is really nice and after my first lesson with her, which was what prompted me to change, i noticed a difference.. even my parents noticed a difference in my playing. So thats all good.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yea.. it doesn't really make sense
wht ur saying is, no one can be a good teacher.

chunder

HSC
me a dickhead? i don't think so you just need to see the truth in what i'm saying. there are way too many people out there who think achieving their AmusA gives them some god given right to teach. This is not true and if you read the syllabus you would see i speak true. i doubt nerdd has his music education diploma yet. i'm not saying he has't got the potential to be a good teacher, i'm just saying he should wait until that potential is backed up by a piece of paper. Until he gets that piece of paper there will always be a cloud of doubt over his ability. Any QUALIFIED teacher would agree.

chunder

HSC
Since rahul is starting out so late he/she is probably not taking it very seriously anyway. To get places in piano have to start early (don't bother arguing this point...you know it's true despite how unfair ir sounds). Therefore rahul would probably be better off paying $30/hr than $70/hr for lessons.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
started off on piano. played the flute for a few years then changed to trumpet about 8 years ago and never turned back. love it! played other instruments here and there, just for fun, or to fill a position where needed. can play alto and tenor sex, clarinet, drums, baritone, bass guitar...

love playing any instrument just about

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
for sooo long i was self taught guitar and proud of it and not to bad, but then i got lessons and you get sooo much better without lessons something is just missing

i dont think you need to start young for piano? I did, but i sitll dont think you do

BaSs_JUnKie

Would you guys consider turntables being an instrument? I know alot of people say that mixing and spinning requires no talent- but f*&% me it's hard!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)