Musical Instruments (2 Viewers)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I played the violin for like 5 years very substandardly. But I didn't have enough time to practice ever with school and other extra curriculars. I couldn't do such a beautiful instrument justice. I haven't picked it up since my last music lesson which was the week after my music exam (which I failed :p, which is ironic because it's the first time I did well in the aural part, but she failed me due to my insufficient scales). My poor violin teacher said he was expecting a B or B+! (I was hoping for a C haha, but wouldn't be surprised if I failed)

Scheherazade

HSC
I play Classical Guitar and am a Vocalist (Classical&Opera).. haha xD
Anybody else a classical guitarist? =[

Bread_2_Toast

HSC
i play acoustic guitar
i started off with a classical though
close enough?

Ninjasuke

HSC
acoustic fingerstyle guitar and pianooo.
though i would love to play the drums.

and i dont see what all the hype about bass guitars is about. you can hardly hear them in songs, there are no solos, they generally play the same notes throughout the song and i dont see how much skill is needed in sliding one hand up and down the fretboard, and the other repeatedly picking at one string. anyone care to elaborate?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I retired from the violin at the grand old age of sixteen. Haven't picked it up since.

It's a lovely musical instrument when someone is skillful at it, but unfortunately I could never give it justice.

oyuck

HSC
I retired from the violin at the grand old age of sixteen. Haven't picked it up since.

It's a lovely musical instrument when someone is skillful at it, but unfortunately I could never give it justice.
Why don't you pick it up again?? People get better all the time after sustained absence from the instrument in question.

iPhets

HSC
@LoveHateSchool : ugh same here. i was on to doing whatever was after grade 8 and it was too much pressure for my 16 yr old self.
lots of regrets but i didn't like it anyway so not going to pick it up again (no time now anyway)

im planning to start learning the guitar soon myself because the holidays are coming up

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
I tried the piano, gave up and failed. I tried the guitar, gave up and failed. I tried the flute, gave up and failed. I tried the saxophone, gave up and failed. I tried the trombone, gave up and failed. I tried the harmonica, gave up and failed. I tried the triangle, got frustrated and gave up. I tried singing, gave up and failed.

I have no talent :'(

zombies

HSC
Finished grade 6 piano in yr8 and then stopped playing seriously, I just have 30min lessons once a week to appease my mother who thinks I should keep going lol.. and I play alto sax for fun, probs at a 5-6 grade level but I never took exams because I don't want to. Oh and I did recorder in primary school~! That was pretty cool, and that's what got me into sax since it has relatively the same fingerings for the notes. And I used to do percussion stuff like timpani and xylophone in the orchestra but idk if that really counts lol. And I own a guitar, but I kinda never bother playing it therefore I am terrible.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Finished grade 6 piano in yr8 and then stopped playing seriously, I just have 30min lessons once a week to appease my mother who thinks I should keep going lol.. and I play alto sax for fun, probs at a 5-6 grade level but I never took exams because I don't want to. Oh and I did recorder in primary school~! That was pretty cool, and that's what got me into sax since it has relatively the same fingerings for the notes. And I used to do percussion stuff like timpani and xylophone in the orchestra but idk if that really counts lol. And I own a guitar, but I kinda never bother playing it therefore I am terrible.
+1 for playing recorder in primary!!!
Alto sax?! Mad as :) I'm play piano..I used to take lessons from like year 2 to year 9 but then I stopped. Still play but self-teach. I like to mix up modern songs and classical. Tried my hand as acoustic guitar...didn't work out well. E.guitar was worse. Not too bad at drums but never really got into it. But you can't beat playing music yourself.

Silversilence

HSC
Hi.

I play Electric and Double bass. I also have experience with Trumpet and Piano. I have played bass for about 5-6 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)