Music (1 Viewer)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Gregorian Chants is my favourite right now... they really help ya relax! and fall asleep when you cant too..

great music!

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
Gregorian Chants is my favourite right now... they really help ya relax! and fall asleep when you cant too..

great music!
mmmmmmmmmm...

HSC
Stuff I like:

Alternative: Radiohead, Muse, Gomez, Tool (which is more metal), The Dandy Warhols, Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc.
Electronica: Aphex Twin, Autechre, Boards of Canada, Plaid, Massive Attack, Prodigy etc.
Post-Rock: Sigur Ros, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Mogwai, Tortoise.

I also listen to a bit of classical (mostly famous stuff like Beethoveen and Tchaikovsky) and motion picture oundtracks.

chanfky

Re: Re: Music

Originally posted by Weisy

absolutely, although not so much oldies. :D

musical theatre rules. which musicals?
Oh I LOVE broadway musical!
mm.. My Fair Lady is one of the best, Singin' in the rain too. I also love Oliver, Oklahoma, Chicago etc. Oh! How can I leave out Sound of Music?

What about you?

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Re: Re: Re: Music

Originally posted by chanfky

Oh I LOVE broadway musical!
mm.. My Fair Lady is one of the best, Singin' in the rain too. I also love Oliver, Oklahoma, Chicago etc. Oh! How can I leave out Sound of Music?

What about you?
hehehe yup. I like all of them...but my favourites at the moment would have to be Les Miserables, RENT and Jekyll & Hyde. Do you sing at all?

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by mercurydrinker
Stuff I like:

Alternative: Radiohead, Muse, Gomez, Tool (which is more metal), The Dandy Warhols, Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc.
Electronica: Aphex Twin, Autechre, Boards of Canada, Plaid, Massive Attack, Prodigy etc.
Post-Rock: Sigur Ros, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Mogwai, Tortoise.

I also listen to a bit of classical (mostly famous stuff like Beethoveen and Tchaikovsky) and motion picture oundtracks.
I swear you have the best taste in music. Love coldplay and Muse and Sigur Ros.

Hey are you into any of the new wave rock bands.
-Cato salsa Experience
-Black Rebel Motorcycle club
-The International Noise conspiracy
-Sparta
-The Strokes
-The Libertines
-The vines

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I agree that the vines rock and yeah their live perfomance aren't that always good. I went to see them at the metro last september and at the BDO and i can say that they are best suited to smaller clubs like the metro. Big venues and festivals aren't their thng!!!

QOTSA Rock too, their BDO perfomance was awesome. But i've never heard of the acoustic verion, sounds like it was totally different

HSC
Originally posted by zannaz

I swear you have the best taste in music. Love coldplay and Muse and Sigur Ros.

Hey are you into any of the new wave rock bands.
-Cato salsa Experience
-Black Rebel Motorcycle club
-The International Noise conspiracy
-Sparta
-The Strokes
-The Libertines
-The vines
Thanx! :eek:

I personally don't rate those retro rock bands, well from what I've heard anyways, just seems like repeating stuff thats already been done before.

I've only heard bits from The Strokes, The Vines, The Libertines and The White Stripes, some of it was alright, and "Get Free" is great fun to play on the guitar and scream along to, but I couldn't really listen to any of it all that much.

And from what I've heard The Vines don't sound to great live, either because they're too drunk or because they just aren't a live band.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
It's like craig nicholls is high all the time, i'd rather listen to the album than go to another concert of theirs!!!!

chanfky

Re: Re: Re: Re: Music

hehehe yup. I like all of them...but my favourites at the moment would have to be Les Miserables, RENT and Jekyll & Hyde. Do you sing at all?
Les Miserable.. mm.. I like some of their songs, but not all.

Well I can sing a song in tune, but I won't say I know how to sing properly. What about you? You learn any music?

lavenderbluf

i'm guessing there rnt ne kpop/jpop/cpop lovers here?

*haish*

avril lavigne?
michelle branch?

they're aiight...

but click-b and shinhwa and fly to the sky and blackbeat and 1tym are much better... :D

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
jeff buckley
radiohead
jimi hendrix
beatles
red hot chili peppers
ben harper
led zepplin
u2
rage against the machine

at the moment-->jack johnson, lauryn hill and micheal franti

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Music

Originally posted by chanfky

Les Miserable.. mm.. I like some of their songs, but not all.

Well I can sing a song in tune, but I won't say I know how to sing properly. What about you? You learn any music?
yep...I've been playing the piano since I was 7, I did Music for the HSC in 2000. As for singing properly, heh, I've never had a singing lesson in my life, but I was head chorister at school last year, and have been singing for a while.

have you seen any shows recently? what did you think of chicago, if you saw it?

chanfky

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Music

yep...I've been playing the piano since I was 7, I did Music for the HSC in 2000. As for singing properly, heh, I've never had a singing lesson in my life, but I was head chorister at school last year, and have been singing for a while.

have you seen any shows recently? what did you think of chicago, if you saw it?
wow! you must have a pretty good voice then!

I've been learning piano since I was 5. My mum used to teach me but now I learn from someone else.

mm... I've seen Chicago. I think it's a great movie! I really like the moive. I think it's so good because the musical is good. What do you think?

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
yeah I liked it generally. great music, great dancing...but the rest wasn't much...

my voice is...hmmm... choral, so singing vampy numbers is difficult.

so you still play? that's awesome. What sort of stuff are you working on at the moment?

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
I like classical music.
Fav. four:

1) Moonlight sonata
2) Tubular Bells
3) Four Seasons
4) Ballad Pour Adeliene

Love many more but these are my fav.

I'm also into alternative (Good charlotte, Living end), Hard rock (System of a Down, Drowning pool) and a bit of metal (Metallica, Ramstein)

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by lavenderbluf
i'm guessing there rnt ne kpop/jpop/cpop lovers here?

but click-b and shinhwa and fly to the sky and blackbeat and 1tym are much better... :D
*hands up* oMg Ho SUK!! from clickB your banner!!! aww too bad click b fell apart..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)